Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using an Acer Flip 3 - touchcreen and keyboards use
Hello everybody.

I bought an Acer Flip 3 touchthingie. (AMD Ryzen 5 3500, 8 gb, 1 tb) VDJ runs great offcourse, but i have a question.

I can drag and drop a song in a player, great! But i am not able to use the onscreen keyboard then? I would love to be able to do both. Drag with finger, popping up keyboard when i click on the searchbar.

Is there a solution for this wish?

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 8:03 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes the new keyboard feature is totally unusable with touch screens

there is the old keyboard feature for touch screen but it have side effects on browser

what is bad is both have their issues:
old one is always on top in the original launch screen
the new one is always on bottom in main window (can appear using old keyboard and pressing alt)
with multi windows skins it's unusable because there is no window handling in VDJ

the third solution being to use OS onscreenKeyboard

I use a custombutton to switch between all VDJ modes
setting 'multiTouchTwoFingerScroll' & setting 'onScreenKeyboard' & holding ? setting 'onScreenKeyboard' auto & setting 'multiTouchTwofingerScroll' off : setting 'touchScreenMode' 'on' ? nothing : setting 'onScreenKeyboard' 'on' ? setting 'multiTouchTwoFingerScroll' on & search : setting 'multiTouchTwoFingerScroll' off
and make OS onscreen Keyboard a permanent icon in taskbar
keyboard can appear by touch in search box - but warn there are many textboxes that do not raise the keyboard and are unusable (login, tag editor ...) that's why I force system one to be accessible

You may experience difficult access to rightclick functions as VDJ mostly detect them as longpress

That's why there are (were) touchscreen specific skins

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 9:49 am
Does Windows tablet mode not have a built in keyboard where an icon appears in the taskbar to invoke it?

Sure my C940 has that featue and it works with VDJ touch screen

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 9:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No idea what nicotux is talking about, but touch screens are normally automatically detected, and touching the search bar with your finger should be enough with default settings to pop up the windows touch keyboard.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 10:32 am
@nicotux thank you for your workaround. Foor me too difficult when i am on the job.

@Kradcliffe Yes, i can press on the windows button to get the keyboard onscreen. - this is an extra handling. For 1 time no problem, but for me if i do it 50 times a night too much.

It's a 14" display so big enough to run VDJ in standardmodes. - meaning a lot of songs to see in the list as i like it. I would lijke to able to drag a song in the player AND popup keyboard when i press on the searchbar.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 10:32 am
Do you have setting onScreenKeyboard set to "auto"?

I just tested with that and it brings the keyboard up when the search bar is touched.

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 10:49 am