Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Is there a definitive fix for VDJ freezing up for a few seconds multiple times???
Using the latest version and it still keeps freezing up for 3 to 5 seconds at a time multiple times throughout the time I'm using it. I use it only on my laptop, a fairly new HP with no controllers or anything like that. I'm about ready to cancel my subscription and go to another app. It is so frustrating and embarrassing to have it stop playing and just go dead during a gig.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 3:22 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Could you define "freezing" by giving more details?
1) Do you mean the skin? When you click on the window it becomes blanck or transparent?
2) When loading a file or another action?
3) with video files?
4) Any specific situations or random?
5) in my documents/virtualdj do you have a new log/txt file ?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 7:08 pm
Just the music. It just stops playing for 3 to 4 seconds. The turntable indicator stop[s turning during this freezeup also. Then after 3 or 4 seconds it continues playing by itself.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 21 @ 12:53 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So the song was fully loaded with stems decoding process ended? And you were playing an audio song without plugins/effects?
Do you use ASIO in audio config?
Could you check your computer with a tool like "LatencyMon" or "DPC Latency checker" and post the screenshot here please

Posted Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 4:59 am
The problem with a "definitive fix" that it's generally not a VDJ problem
It's most likely a resource problem

That doesn't necessarily mean that your laptop is "too slow" or whatever you want to call it. It may be the most powerful laptop available
I may simply be that something else is using resources or blocking them - but that can be hard to figure out
Or it may be a bad/intrusive driver - maybe even a driver that has nothing to do with audio. That's even harder to figure out

So with that in mind your question could be translated to:
"Is there a definitive fix so that all laptops always works perfectly for audio (and video) processing?"
Sadly the answer to that question is no

Posted Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 7:46 am
In reading several posts about this it seems to be happening only with newer VDJ releases. If people roll back to an older build the problem goes away.

Seen 4 or 5 posts mentioning this no so is it a VDJ issue after all?

No feedback from devs on any of them despite users saying an older build works perfectly .......

Posted Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 8:22 am