Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Finally restored full fps rendering and fixed random freezes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
At least for me a reason why recent VDJ Skin rendering FPS were so low and often freezing when some older versions were faster and even older were the same : DX11 is in debug mode

I used DXcpl to force DirectX Debug to off and by magic rendering is 3 times faster and there are not so many freezes

Posted Sun 10 Oct 21 @ 8:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So you mean you had debug mode forced to on before? :p

Posted Sun 10 Oct 21 @ 8:46 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Possibly, with experiments on transitions and videoplugins testing (mine but mainly from others)
But no, it was in "controlled by application" and I never explicitly use it - debugger may enable it, but more likely some third part plugin in debugging mode (sometime bad uploads or testing ones, and no idea on how to enable this by app)

Sure it may one of the plugins turning it on (but for my own very simple plugins I debug with "my code only" turn on, so that I can't see it). I forgot this time and saw a lot of DX messages appear

However initial v8 were fast, then very old next builds are slow (I changed Quadro NVS Graphic board due to this some years ago, before I tried my own video plugins), then some newer builds were fast (reinstalled Quadro NVS), then builds are slow again; forcing DX debug to off make all slow builds faster

maybe fastest builds disabled debug or reject plugin ?

Anyway it helped or me right now with this "for many years" problem (different computers, most with no dev tools)

Posted Sun 10 Oct 21 @ 10:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Normally debug mode has to be enabled when creating the directx device so I don't think plugins can change that after.
Other than that checked again but certainly not enabled by vdj itself.
Perhaps Nvidia settings also have some option to force it?

Posted Sun 10 Oct 21 @ 11:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)