Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1.07 and HT compatiliblity

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fresh install or re-install?

I was having difficulty with virtual dj 1.06 and HT compatibility. I was getting the typical screen corruptions, etc. So I have to set the program to Win 98 emulation to get it to work properly.

I did an uninstall and a new install of 1.07 so I could change the program compatibility settings. Was this a wise thing to do, or should I have installed over the previous version? I now have 1.07 with no emulation ,but running under full XP settings.

Have the issues been resolved?

Thanks,
Ronny582

Posted Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 3:40 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The HT problem should now be fixed. But before posting it in the history, we prefer to get some feedback from users.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 3:51 pm
HT problem isn't fixed yet totally in 1.07b, graphics still mess up exactly like before, but it seems when i got gfx messed in 1.06 in couple seconds of resizing file explorer window, now it takes maybe 5 or more seconds of resizing the playlist-file-explorer window.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 03 @ 1:25 am
I now tested XP windows 98 compability mode enabled on the .exe and i couldn't get the gfx messed inside 2 minutes. I had try this fix on some 1.02 or something and it didn't work back then. So i guess a major improvement.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 03 @ 1:29 am
agreed, the program works just ok in xp mode UNTIL you start rapid scrolling or resizing desktop items...then the wave form will freeze for a few secs etc. in 98 emulation it is better. so not quite fixed.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 03 @ 2:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)