Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stop then Eject then restart automix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Haven't used the scripting in a couple years and wanted to program an action for the END button on a Windows Laptop. I am playing songs in automix mode and I want to eject the existing song (even if it's playing) then restart autostart in paused mode.
Tried:
stop & unload & pause

with that code, the song does unload but the next song starts playing and is not paused at the beginning.

Thanks for any help.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 3:07 pm
not entirely sure what you meant by "autostart".. and paused mode
But I guess you also want to stop automix with the button?

pause & unload & automix ? automix

And to scroll to top of list
pause & unload & automix ? automix & browser_scroll top

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 3:53 pm
Thanks @Rune
I apologize. As automix is playing a set, I'd like to stop the current song playing and unload it then have the next song cued up (still in automix) ready to start up.

With your code it stops the mix and unloads the song and disables automix.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 4:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ayup nassausky, long time no see, something like this

pause & unload & automix & browser_scroll top & automix & pause

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 4:40 pm
Yeah long time @locodog, good to see you're still active. I came out of retirement. For how long not sure but I have a party tonight and wanted to get this button working for a freeze dance for the kids.

Not using my newer laptop since it's an outdoor party so this old Windows laptop is running the 32 bit version but I can't imagine the script has changed for something like that. Still doesn't work. With your help just pauses the automix and brings the playhead to the start of the song. It's not unloading the song now.

Crossing fingers i get this figured out soon. I remember my old parties where pausing was not a great option but maybe this can work like I'm hoping it will.

;-)

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 5:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
pause & automix & unload & browser_window 'automix' & browser_scroll top & automix & pause

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 5:31 pm
Thanks again @locodog. No go. It just starts the existing song from the beginning of the track without unloading the current track. I'll keep my eye open here for other ideas but I have to head out to my storage unit soon and get going.

Thanks all.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 5:41 pm
OK loaded all my equipment and just about to head out to the party and figured I'd give it one more try:

This was close:
stop & unload & browser_window 'automix' & browser_scroll top & load & pause

But the solution was easier than I would think (really not sure why every else's solutions didn't work):

stop & automix_skip & pause

Thanks again all!

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)