Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Saving / Viewing list of track names in a mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure whether this is possible but...
In the old days, I used to use some mixes from Mastermix / DMC CDs, played from a CD. The CD case would list the tracks that were contained in the mix.

Now I have ripped versions of these tracks within VDJ, is there a way that I can save or read the track list somewhere in the program when I am selecting some of these mixes?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 6:00 pm
Recorded mixes in VirtualDJ will have a "cue point" with the song name for each song in the mix.

A ripped mix-CD will likely not have any such info, but you could always add cue points for each song manually should you want

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 7:34 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Regarding pre recorded "medleys", I have found the simplest method, although time consuming, is to manually add the artist/track info into the comments field.

Cut, copy, paste is your friend in this matter.

Posted Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 4:01 pm
wushu121ControlleristMember since 2012
Not sure if this is the same topic, but I know at one time, there a check box you could hit in the settings to keep a running list of songs you played in a set which you could copy/paste into another doc. I have some of these save, but turned off the feature a while back since I didn't know it was doing this and had a ton of them. Not sure how to turn it back on though. It's been a while. I would like to keep track of some mixes and not others, so this would be helpful to have again.

Posted Tue 24 Aug 21 @ 9:02 pm
wushu121ControlleristMember since 2012
I found my old post

Can be found in settings -> options -> internet -> sendHistory set to yes/no (select "all settings")

I hope this is still the case as I haven't confirmed it yet. Now if there was a way to delete them in bulk, that would be great. Otherwise I will be there about 25 minutes doing them one at a time.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 8:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)