Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Noob looking for auto DJ: Will Virtual DJ do this?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My daughter's wedding is going to be a casual affair, but she does want self-service music. I am looking for something that behaves like a regular jukebox:
- It plays from a play list (ordered or random, I can manage that ahead of time)
- It injects requests when someone makes one, and them returns to the playlist
- It would be cool if the request list was driven from Spotify

Okay, help me out: How do I make that happen? Is Virtual DJ the answer?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 1:29 pm
Look, I don't represent Atomix, but You are not going to get a lot of positive comments about this. Hire a DJ is the best I can recommend. This is DJ software, not Spotify.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 5:17 pm
1) It's currently illegal to use Spotify services professionally. That's why there's no Spotify integration on any DJ software at this time.
However with VirtualDJ you have access to other online streaming services like Deezer, Soundcloud, Beatport, Beatsource and of course iDJPool PRO

2) The rest can be done one way or another, but still SOMEONE will have to handle the software and the computer. So yes, the best answer is to hire a DJ, even a cheap one if your expectations are low.
But letting people who have no idea on how to manipulate a DJ application to "inject requests" on a PC that you also leave unattended is just a recipe for disaster.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 6:31 pm
Danger.. Drunk people it does happen either pretending to dj hands all over your gear drinks in hand.. A recipe for disaster like the fellow user said.. I even take a cheap car to gigs as I don't want any damage to my nice car.. Remember all... There's always one. Keep that in mind. I can even spot whose going to be a wise guy.. I've been gigging so long (74)ti date.. I'm scaring myself.. Lol..

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 9:43 pm
I am sure you can hire a juke box for the day.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 9:18 pm
JirSimPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Allmost all "winamp style" mp3 players can do, what you want (without spotify), but it is better, when someone is boss of the computer ...

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 9:30 am
No.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 12:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)