Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automix: how to fade out finishing track and trigger starting track
Hello

I just discovered VirtualDJ and I thought that it would be perfect to design and play a playlist for my best friend birthday. The automix feature is really amazing, and I can even twist it to be almost perfect. However, even I'm a musician, I'm not a DJ... so I just want to prepare everything before and just hit "play" for the party.

My "problem" is the following: sometimes I want to let a track "fade out"... but start the next track "full on" at some specific point (for example, at the first drum beat after skipping the intro).

Right now, the only "solution" that I found was to edit the next track in a wav editor, silence the beginning up to the first drumbeat, and have this drumbeat right after the automix crossfade. Is there a better/simpler way to do it ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 10:30 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
The Automix Editor is there for this purpose:
Right click Automix options (little cog next automix logo) and select "Automix Editor..."
Options de l'Automix --> "Éditeur d'AutoMix"

Posted Sat 12 Jun 21 @ 12:28 am
Yeah, I already use the automix editor

However, the part shown in blue is a "simple" cross-fader. So it starts the second track with a low volume and then increase... so either the first drumbeat is too low, or I hear the end of then introduction before the first beat

I could obviously use a shorter automix window but in that case the fade out of the first track will be too short :-(

Posted Sat 12 Jun 21 @ 1:07 am
In a way, I'm looking to have a
- slow fade out for the first track
- while, in the middle of the fade out of the first track, just the start of the second track at a cue point

Not sure if it's possible with a "simple" cross-fader. Maybe it would need some more complex setup with volume controlled on each track (and a compressor to preserve the range)

Posted Sat 12 Jun 21 @ 1:13 am