Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VD is Deleting parts of a tracks
simonHome userMember since 2021
Hello, I really am enjoying using this software, and I appreciate its free to use without a console. However, I have noticed one alarming problem. Some tracks that have been fine when I have first played them, are being corrupted. Yes the actual MP3 is being shortened. For example, I load in a track thats 7 minutes, the next day I load it in, its 2 minutes. I first thought, maybe its just in VD, but no, to my horror, the actual MP3 is somehow being written to. Has anyone else have this happen, and how did you fix it?

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please upload one of these Tracks and post the link here to check.

Is it just incorrect Track time and Track is full when played, or somehow the Track is cut off ?

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 12:28 pm
VirtualDJ does NOT write / rewrite your files by default.
The only case for VirtualDJ to write data to your files is if you enable the setting to update tags automatically (which is disabled by default)
Therefore it must have been something else that messed with your files.

IF you have turned on the option to automatically update tags and you suspect that VirtualDJ updated the tag(s) and corrupted the file(s) then please try to reproduce your issue with a file (you do keep backups of your media files, don't you ? ) and after you succeed send us both the original file and the corrupted one.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 21 @ 12:29 pm