Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: What can I use to edit individual poi bpm values, not the track's main bpm value
I need to edit poi tempo values above 240 bpm (and occasionally below 40)
As far as I can tell, set_bpm is incapable of doing anything beyond what can be done with the tag editor, IE changing the bpm of a single main poi, but not of others, I need to change specific pois because of songs with changing tempo (usually there are multiple values, and even when there aren't I want the song's main bpm to remain accurate rather than a tiny part of the song). It's pretty easy to fix this in notepad, albeit kind of tedious, and after doing so the changes visibly are there, but any time i do, virtualdj says the database is corrupted, and seemingly deletes a large portion of the database, since the filesize changes, and it doesn't even effect what I changed. How can I do this without this happening? is there some sort of extension to remove the bpm set limits? Should I use a program other than notepad to edit the database?

Posted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 5:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want to edit the xml directly, better to use a good editor (Notepad++, Visual Studio Code)
Is it really necessary to mark these parts as >240bpm or <40bpm though? Can't these parts be counted at half or double that bpm as well?

Just out of curiosity, do you have some example tracks?

Posted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 6:00 am
The first tracks that come to mind is The A.M.D.A. - Fuck The Rails and The A.M.D.A. - U R WIERD M8, and then theres pretty much any speedcore track that's come off of vinyl, I can't really think of any other names right now since I haven't really kept track but I know I've ran into this issue quite a few times

Posted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 6:37 am
And yeah I can leave them a different value but it's visually annoying, in addition to messing up anything based on bpm like loops, loop rolls, and seemingly to an extent syncing tracks

Posted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 6:42 am