Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Lighting and Daslight4: how to configure Daslight4 and VirtualDJ working properly
Hy all, I'm trying to use Daslight4 and VDJ with no success for the moment.

I'm on Win10, VDJ v8.5-64 b6418, Daslight 4 and i would like to make the lights work in time.

I've read this old post but it seems, at least to me, not to work
https://it.virtualdj.com/forums/199615/Old_versions/How-To__Output_the_BPM_from_VirtualDJ_to_other_software_(MIDI-Clock)__Resolume_.html

I've tried LoopBe1, suggested in the post, but i can't get it to work.

At the end of the post seems there is something more easy and powerful: Ableton Link.

But can I use Ableton Link with Daslight4 and VDJ ? If YES, someone can kindly post a step by step guide, (printscreen and so on) to achieve the result of making the lights work in time?

If Daslight is not the best for small show, what software you suggest (with step by step guide) ?

Thank you all in advance

Kind regards
Marco

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 6:39 pm
VirtualDJ can use Ableton Link.. available as plugin in Extensions in the software.
This will send bpm etc.

If Dashlight also supports Ableton Link, this should work fine.

Not sure if DasLight already support OS2L but was mentioned on their forums that they would add support. Perhaps it has by now. http://forum.daslight.com/viewtopic.php?t=5321

About 0S2L , see here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/TheLightingController%20with%20OS2L.html

This method use a protocol to directly communicate, called OS2L
OS2L works with a wide range of DMX software, such as SunLight, Freestyler, QLC, SweetLight, ShowXpress, QuickDMX etc

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 7:26 pm

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 7:31 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 7:31 pm
Thank you all.

I had a little experience with SoundSwitch, has worked, but there is no simulation and seems, for me, poor in managing moving heads if compared to Daslight (that not worked at all, but have this option)...

I'm just coming from Sunlight site, and their software Sunlite Suite 3: in their manual I saw a beautiful checkbox Virtualdj :-)

Have you had any experience with this software and which Sunlite hardware to buy?

Thank you

Kind regards
Marco

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 11:18 pm
Havent used SunLight myself, but seems popular, and yes it has direct VirtualDJ integration..
A guide for Sunlight 2 here, but things should be pretty much same in version 3:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/os2l.html

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 11:25 pm
Thank you Rune :-)

I'm having a more deep look to Sunlight Hardware & SunLite Suite 3.

I'm returning to the seller my Cameo DVC 512, useless for me, and I wrote directly to SunLight to have some suggestion about the hardware I need.

I will update this post when I will receive the new hardware :-)

Kind regards,
Marco

Posted Sat 08 May 21 @ 9:05 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If not too late, consider TheLightingController (ShowXpress, SweetLight, QuickDMX ) too
I find the Sunlite GUI and learning curve a bit hard to work with, but of course it's up to your preferences.

A brief comparison :
Sunlight Suite 2/3 :
OS2L Support : Yes
Sync to BPM : Yes

The Lighting Controller:
OS2L Support : Yes

Dashlight 4 :
OS2L Support : No
Sync to BPM : Needs Loopbe or similar plus Midi Clock Output in VDJ

Soundswitch :
OS2L Support : Partial (just retrieves Track's info from VDJ Database)

BTW, really curious why BPM of VDJ didnt go through Dashlight using LoopBe and Midi Clock. Works fine here. If you havent returned your DMX Interface yet, i 'd like u to post some screenshots of your steps

Posted Sat 08 May 21 @ 9:57 am
Thank you DJDAD,
I'll give a look to the products you suggest and, of course, yes, you can post, here or in PVT, some screenshots of your steps with Daslight.

What I want is not have 3rd party software and go straight with one solution on the same machine (if possible, since has i7 8565U CPU, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1050, SSD) that only run VDJ and the software for the lights.

Recap/must have of the software solution for the lights Im looking for:
- no 3rd party software between VDJ and light show software;
- all the fixture/SSL information ready for my lights (nothing special from ADJ & Cameo);
- the preview/simulation of the live (2D, 3D is better) as I can see and, eventually, modify;
- have possibility of a wide range of game for the moving heads and laser
- possibly easy to manage (I can study, of course)

Can we chat in PVT, so not to crowd this chat since it was initially for Daslight?

Posted Sat 08 May 21 @ 11:14 am