Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin background color
How do I change the overall background color of the skin? Been looking all over the place.

Thanks

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 12:21 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
it's hardcoded in the skin line 8..11 and taken from within the image gfx_*.png depending on layout
<background...

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 12:33 pm
So, if I would like to change source to another .png-file do I write it on the same line? <browser...
What do I write? File=... image=..?

Right now it says condition="var_equal '@&colorscheme' 0"

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 1:24 pm
No the image used is the one defined in first line "<skin "
it contains many important things including background image ( at position X, Y in the picture)

the colorscheme is selectable from "layout" button (default / contrast / Dark Mode / Daylight)

"<background " is not well documented and not working exactly as the existing infos say
maybe there are solutions by using "image=" or even "color=" but never be able to understand how to use them

The way I would use (may differ from one user to another with better knowledge) to modify color for default (0) color scheme:
preferably use a modified copy of the original, set its name in "image=" field of "<skin" line in a way not to alter other layouts
(warning missing image may crashes VDJ or wrong name fails to load the skin)

edit the new image:
either put new bg pattern in place at position x="1817" y="0" with a size width="100" height="100" for default colorscheme
or add it somewhere in free part of the image i.e. x="1817" y="418"
and alter position and size accordingly in "<background" line

it is not necessary a simple color, it can be any pattern, specially nice pavements effects

once again, it's my way, some other better one may exist

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 2:17 pm
Oo it was that simple. This works for me. Thanks again for your good advice Nicotux

Posted Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 2:32 pm
Where are the "skin lines" to which you refer? I would like a pale blue background -- not starkly black or starkly white.

Posted Sun 03 Oct 21 @ 12:08 am
depending on skins there are multiple solutions

picture itself, which can be omitted from the .xml file under some conditions
<skin definition
background definition(s)
predefined color(s)
or every elements in the skin using the same (or similar) color
or a mix of everything
or in some case, default which defines nowhere

there can't be a generic answer to this question

Posted Sun 03 Oct 21 @ 12:33 am