Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Dj take long to start up
When I first start virtual Dj take a long time to boot (about 1 min)
I am using SoundSwitch also
If I open SoundSwitch first it takes a long time to boot
After either one is open when I open the other
It open right away
Can I get some help with this

Posted Wed 17 Feb 21 @ 3:09 pm
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
eyezableed wrote :
When I first start virtual Dj take a long time to boot (about 1 min)
I am using SoundSwitch also
If I open SoundSwitch first it takes a long time to boot
After either one is open when I open the other
It open right away
Can I get some help with this

I am having the same issue with VDJ taken up to 45 seconds to start
latest ver of VDJ, tried to install older versons and still slow to start
using Windows 10
PC AMD Rysen 5 100 quad core 3200Mhz
video carc AMD Radeon RX 570
16G RAM

this started with the last few windows updates I believe

any input would help

Posted Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 12:40 am
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
it seems to be the free version that takes up to 40 seconds to launch
My paid versions open with in a few seconds

I think that is good, because I see a lot of DJ's using the free version, They could at least pay the basic fee.
I use the free version on my home desk top to do the BPM scanning, and have it set to save the tag info

I may also buy the basic for my home desk top , just to not have to wait for the VDJ to launch

Perhaps VDJ should move to a 30 minute limit run time instead of free, let the free loaders pay something
Just my opinion

Posted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 7:07 pm
I get the same issue.

Brand new Dell laptop with i7 11th gen and M2 ssd on w11, takes about 15-20 secs to launch.
All other apps launch immediately, only VDJ seems to lag?

In contrast my older lenovo laptop launches VDJ in about 2 secs.

I have already reinstalled VDJ and it has made no difference. Any other suggestions where to look?

Thanks Mel

Posted Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 9:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Both of your laptops have the same database (size, files, HDs, etc ?)

The one that takes long, has perhaps the VirtualDJ folder in some sort of Cloud service like OneDrive ?

Posted Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 10:28 pm
I have seen slow start-ups where there is a network drive, with a large database. for example 2x16tb network drives, over a remote VPN.

As I think VDJ looks for and loads all the databases at startup.

Posted Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 10:54 pm
hi,

my VDJ 32 bits, start inmediately, i5 6th gen
my VDJ 64 Bits i5 11th gen, it takes what they mention above, about 30-40 seg, both with windows 10 and Tidal subscription

Posted Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 1:41 am
djdad wrote :
Both of your laptops have the same database (size, files, HDs, etc ?)

The one that takes long, has perhaps the VirtualDJ folder in some sort of Cloud service like OneDrive ?

The new laptop is an exact copy of my old one. So whole VDJ folder was copied across to the new laptop.
No network drives of any sort as its just a standalone laptop.

I will try and uninstall OneDrive (even though I have it disabled and signed out) to see if that makes any difference, but its unlikely if it is only effecting VDJ startup times?

Once VDJ is open it performs flawlessly and super fast as i would expect due to the spec difference.
Just wondering if this is a W11 issue?

Posted Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 8:02 pm
After some messing around, i found the its something to do with being connected to the internet.

If wifi (or ethernet) is disconnected VDJ will start instantly as it always used to.
So there is obviously something that is causing the delay which is trying to authenticate while connected to the internet.
I tried disabling the all the firewalls (i dont run any 3rd party AV or firewalls) but that does make any difference either.

Posted Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 6:29 pm
Mr DJ Mel wrote :

If wifi (or ethernet) is disconnected VDJ will start instantly as it always used to.

After more fiddling it seems to be just the wifi card that is causing it. Using ethernet doesnt have the problem, but you do need to either disable or turn Wifi off.

I have downlaoded and installed the latest driver, but it has made now difference at all.

FYI the WIFI card is an Intel Wireless AC-9560 160mhz.

Posted Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 9:50 pm
hi,
no more problems i uodate the dell drivers, and the new release of vdj,
i think its done , !

Posted Mon 17 Jan 22 @ 6:14 am
"it seems to be the free version that takes up to 40 seconds to launch
My paid versions open with in a few seconds"

use the free version here and it starts immediately.
use win 10, VDJ 64 bits, Core2Duo E7500 2.93GHz, ssd.
makes no difference whether with or without wifi/ethernet.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 22 @ 12:39 am
So a round up of hat i have found so far.

Seems my dell laptops onboard sound card (Realtek) must have a conflict with the wifi card in some way.
If I connect my air pods (which changes the default sound device VDJ sees, VDJ will launch within 1-2 sec regardless of wifi status. In the same respect if my DJ controller is connected I will get the same behavior.

If wifi is turned on (it doesn't need to be connected to any wifi connection) and the onboard sound card (Realtek) is the default sound VDJ takes almost 15-20sec to launch.

Realising the issue is actual the sound card (although still makes no sense why it only happens when wifi is turned on) I then played about with VDJ exclusive audio settings and if I enabled that in VDJ and on the default sound card, VDJ will then launch within 1-2 secs once again.

Of course I do not want to keep exclusive audio enabled so seems I need to live with the fact that if I want to use VDJ standalone on my laptop i will always get this problem. So pretty sure my issue is a combination of the soundcard and wifi card installed on my laptop.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 8:11 pm
Virutaldj.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 4:07 am