Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ RZX Screens resetting and high pitched noise/stall which leads to failed recordings - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just switched it to USB2 and so far so good... played a few tracks.. spam loaded a few tracks... the only thing ive seen so far are some audio pops when playing a track whilst its calculating stems waveforms... ive left it precalcing stems on a folder and will probably have time to put it through its paces over the weekend.

I'm also running a program called event ghost that will show if the usb connection removes/inserts itself... so far so good.

Thanks for the help and advice so far... fingers crossed it should be stable now :)

Posted Thu 18 Mar 21 @ 6:19 pm
Did a full set and recording last night... absolutely no faults to report... everything was seamless, no screen dropouts, no weird high pitched noises... no glitches... perfect :) this is playing all audio from internal ssd... I even did video mix test a few days back... again, absolutely flawless... this is like night and day...

long story short, playing media from internal ssd = good... and playing media from network = bad... very bad...

I'm thinking that maybe there are some file i/o ops that cause locks/delays and interrupts/threads not to be serviced if loading tracks from network drives... especially in my case over Wifi with a not-so-great connection... This might be worth some investigation from yourselves but I'm happy with the way I have this setup now.

Thanks again for all the help and advice :)

Posted Thu 01 Apr 21 @ 10:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)