Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Please help!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using a Denon MC7000 with version V8.5 b6276 and Mac OS 11.2. I have 3 questions:

1. Every time I connect the controller and start up Virtual DJ my volumes are maxed out and if I forget to reset them I am reminded very quickly when the music blasts. Can this be fixed / prevented?

2. Is there a way to prevent the program from closing down when a song is playing if someone from clicking on the red "close app" dot on Mac ( "X" on PC)? It used to show a security warning (and apparently still does on PC). How would I fix this?

3. Has anyone else experienced not being able to scratch with the jog wheels on an MC7000 in the last build or 2? I have a skin on my controller (and the jog wheels) and I am wondering if it is because of the skins on the jog wheels? I didn't want to take them off and mess them up until I knew for sure.

Thank you for your help with any or all of these issues.

Posted Tue 26 Jan 21 @ 11:22 pm
1. Use ONINIT to set your Default Volume.
2. Security kicks in if the Volume level is more than 25% (just tried it to 25% on pc and it quits while playing a song). Dunno about Mac.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 21 @ 12:54 am
The Magic.DJ wrote :
1. Use ONINIT to set your Default Volume.
2. Security kicks in if the Volume level is more than 25% (just tried it to 25% on pc and it quits while playing a song). Dunno about Mac.

Can you explain #1 a little more please? Thank you

Posted Thu 28 Jan 21 @ 5:46 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When u start VirtualDJ with the MC7000 connected, do the Volume Faders on screen get the same positions as the ones your MC7000 have ?

Posted Thu 28 Jan 21 @ 12:23 pm
yentertainment wrote :

Can you explain #1 a little more please? Thank you

Your mappers have an ONINIT script slot each that get triggered on startup

For things like this you can use the ONINIT on the KEYBOARD mapping, since that is always preset
Or you can choose for it to only work when your controller is connected, in which case you use then ONINIT script slot on the controllers mapping

So you go into settings -> mapper -> <select keyboard or controller in list> -> ONINIT (In the list)

Now you are ready to put in your script
If something is already there you can most like just add a space and an "&" and then another space to the end of it, and then the new script

The script could for instance be:
deck all volume 50%
that will lower all deck faders to 50% at startup

Or it could be:
master_volume 50%
to set your master volume knob to 50% at startup

Then you click save, and restarts VDJ to check that it's working
If it works but then get overwritten by some init event on your controller, then you can add a small delay, so that it triggers last - but lets get back to that if there is a problem with the simple script

Posted Thu 28 Jan 21 @ 12:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
yentertainment wrote :
1. Every time I connect the controller and start up Virtual DJ my volumes are maxed out and if I forget to reset them I am reminded very quickly when the music blasts. Can this be fixed / prevented?

It appears that on Mac, the device needs some time before start sending the faders positions, even if the message is sent on startup.

From VirtualDJ Settings->Mapping tab, select the Denon MC7000 from the top-left list.
Search the Key named as ONINIT (from the drop-down) and assign it as ..
set '$refresh1' 1 & repeat_start 'ref' 1000ms & repeat_stop 'ref' & set '$refresh1' 0

On both Win & Mac : It also seems that when you switch a channel to LINE the MC7000 sends 0 for Gain and Volume , but these values are not memorized from device, so you need to request them again when back to USB.
For this to happen you need to change the key CH_INPUT from ...
down ? set 'mc7000chline' 1 & mute on : set 'mc7000chline' 0 & mute off 

to ...
down ? set 'mc7000chline' 1 & mute on : set 'mc7000chline' 0 & mute off & set '$refresh1' 1 & repeat_start 'ref' 1000ms & repeat_stop 'ref' & set '$refresh1' 0

Both the above will be added to factory Mapping in next update.

Posted Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 2:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)