Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vinyl Mode Not Working, Can't Scratch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

owenroePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Scratching works normally until I hit play on a deck, then it acts as a pitch bend. Vinyl mode is engaged on the controller and in the software. It seems like many people have had this problem and haven't found a solution except for randomly working again, which mine is not doing.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 20 @ 11:40 pm
Sometimes, too, I noticed that only one jog didn't react. I reconnected the controller and it worked.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 7:24 am
Which controller ?
The behavior you describe means that the top surface of the jog does not send the MIDI message it should, or that the particular message has been remapped in a wrong way.

Technical info: For a jogwheel to scratch, two conditions must be met:
1) When you touch (or push) the top surface of your jog, a message is sent on software that's mapped as 'touchwheel_touch'
When the software receives this message, playback of the decks halts and the deck waits to scratch
2) The jog itself moves, and reports this movement.

If the touchweel_touch action is not active when you move the jog, then the software assumes that you spin the jog from the side (without touching/pushing the top surface) and thus that you want to pitch bend the track and not scratch.

If you are using the factory default mapper for your device with vinyl mode activated and the jogs don't scratch when you touch/push the top surface and move them, then most likely the touch/push sensor is broken or needs to be adjusted.

Different controllers offer different tools for this. Some controllers allow you to adjust their touch sensitivity by entering a "utility mode" on device boot.
Others don't offer such option at all.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 12:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)