Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark Mixdeck wont work with VDJ2021 in win10 x64 - Page: 2
Man I logged in just the say thank you soooo much to ENVISIONING! Worked like a charm. I haven't been able to figure this out for months!

Posted Sun 12 Dec 21 @ 2:49 am
Hey I realize this is a bit old but just picked up a garage sale mix deck special edition and running in to the same thing. @ENVISIONING’s solution is the closest I got, but the knobs still will not send midi. Both decks are set to USB MIDI and my software registers the newmark as a connected midi input.. same in that Midi IO software, it’s listed but no knobs register as input. Updated firmware on both decks, have tried every combination of installs/upgrades I can think of. I ONCE got midi control on a parameter with one of the scratch decks right before the “usb input not recognized” error before I read about the sound card fix. I think it had to do with installing the 2.99 drivers first?

Any tips on using device manager vs the 2.64 setup app to update from 2.99 to 2.64 or should I have the decks set to midi before connecting to the pc? Considering trying disabling the pc sound card instead of the controller? Setting the decks to midi before plugging in and running the installs? Shut down instead of simple restart? I really don’t know, any help is appreciated.

I have the same results on a laptop running windows 11 as my pc running windows 10

Posted Mon 02 May 22 @ 12:20 am
kwkaiorPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hey, I know it's been like, 9 months since you posted the question - but any luck figuring this out?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 11:45 pm
kwkaiorPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hey, "ENVISIONING" I know you'll probably never read this, but you saved me 3 days of pulling my damn hair out. Thank you!

Posted Wed 25 Jan 23 @ 3:37 pm
hello i know its a long shot to if anyone is still on on this thread but my decks just keep disconnecting and non of the knobs or buttons work on the system. was wondering if anyone has had any luck

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 2:46 am
envisioning wrote :
I was having the same issues and got no help from Numark! FIXED on my own!

This took me 24 grueling hours but here's the scoop:

Installed drivers on a new Laptop w/ Windows 10 (2.9.64) 64bit. Be sure to power down the numark mixdeck, turn it back on, then plug in the usb cable prior to running the installer. If the installer does not detect the mixdeck - you should restart the computer and turn off the Mixdeck and turn it back on prior to plugging in the usb cable and re-installing.

Do NOT restart the computer like it says... (ugh!!) This took me forever to figure out... Just click Restart Later.

At this point, go to Device Manager (start menu, type device manager, click it!)

Under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" you should see Numark MixDeck Audio - WDM 2.9.64.... right click on this and DISABLE. I know, you will get a warning but just say OK. You will then see an image with a speaker with a down arrow on it (next to the words of Numark MixDeck Audio - WDM 2.9.64) - this means it is disabled.

Basically, this should turn off the Numark Mixdeck from trying to run as an external soundcard (this conflicts with the laptop soundcard). You should still see Numark MixDeck MIDI 2.9.64 (good!) and under Universal Serial Bus controllers, you should see Numark MixDeck USB 2.9.64 (good!)

Now when you restart, you won't get a bunch of USB errors!

hello do you have any advice for windows 11 as i have no responses from the decks

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 2:51 am