Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Get "Too many tracks open" for beatport songs even though I have 2 decks active only - Page: 1
Hi Folks,

since update v8.4 b5647, I get the message "Too many tracks open" for beatport songs even though I have 2 decks active only and had never more than 2 songs open at the same time. This occurs after some time of playing songs (like 6 to 10 songs work fine). In this situation I can not load any new beatport song to any deck and have to restart VDJ :-(

I made a snapshot to show the situation. I am not able to load any new beatport song in this situation:

I know that message from older versions, but then it occurred only when 4 decks have been loaded with songs from beatport and I replaced one song by loading it to one of the first 4 decks.

I decided to update my beatport subscription to the pro version to have 50 tracks offline storage. But the option to download tracks to the local offline storage seams to be gone. I had the pro subscription once and am sure that it worked with the older version of VDJ.

Is this a known bug?

Maybe this can have something to do with it. I use the following script to skip through the list of tracks to find a good one:
stop & unload & browser_scroll +1 & load & goto +64 & play
Using that script on a button can reproduce the problem after some clicks (like 10 clicks)

Thx for your help

Posted Sat 18 Apr 20 @ 1:45 pm
Update:
Checked for 32bit and 64 bit version for windows. The bug occurs with both versions.

I downgraded to version b5619 and everything works fine again.

I think I will stay with that version until a fix is provided for the newer versions.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 5:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We'll investigate shortly

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 5:38 pm
Should be fixed now, please try to remove Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins64\beatport2_vdj_x64.dll and Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\beatport2_vdj_x86.dll
The updated versions will then be downloaded when you start VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 7:05 am
Hey Adion,

how awesome is that???
I reported this issue like last Friday and you guys provide a fix today!!! This is what agile development is about. Great job of yours!!!
I verified with Win 32/64 and the bugfix works like a charm. Thanks to all the team!

Even though I have a little other bug (or maybe misuse of mine) regarding the beatport plugin.
With the new version of the plugin the handling of offline storage changed. Where in older versions all the last 50 or 100 loaded songs have been added to the offline cache. Now you have to add them manually by right click and "Add to cache", which is more like you would have expected the functionality of offline storage. So I like the new behavior.
But if I mark more songs in the browser and than add all to the cache, than only the first gets transfered to offline storage. The others go to the cache queue. Bot than nothing happens. They won't be downloaded later on. The stay in the queue like forever.
The workaround is, to click each and every file and add it to the local cache, which will work.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?
Thx

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 8:51 am
Indeed also a bug, will fix as well :)

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 9:31 am
To add to the above , when you have reached the 50 or 100 quota in offline cache and you want to delete a song to add a newer better song it doesn't seem to delete ,which is the bit i don't understand ?
so to clarify ... i right click add song to offline cache this works fine , so i thought it would be the opposite to delete a song ,right click delete from offline cache...but it just stays there in the playlist.
I would be grateful for any guidance.
Chris Osler

Posted Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 10:32 am
OSSIE OSLER wrote :
i thought it would be the opposite to delete a song ,right click delete from offline cache...but it just stays there in the playlist.

Local playlists? The playlist is just a file with links to music on your drives.
So you need to remove from the playlist as well. Can just select the song and click the delete button, or just right-click and choose "remove"

For Beatport playlists if you meant that, might be different.

Posted Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 11:21 am
Hi Team

The Mac version also has this issue. Could you please kindly guide us to fix that?

Posted Sat 12 Nov 22 @ 3:38 am
I have them same issue. I did the update as shown above but that did not fix the issue.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 22 @ 9:54 pm
figmosPRO InfinityMember since 2023
same problem. song loads on one deck and when i try to load on the other it says "too many tracks open" this is frustrating. please help!!!

Posted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 5:02 pm
VJ keeps saying .. to many tacks open can't load stacks from Beatport ? what's the fix

Posted Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 5:04 pm
user21685375 wrote :
VJ keeps saying .. to many tacks open can't load stacks from Beatport ? what's the fix

The real fix is to convince Beatport to let users download and use more tracks at the same time

Posted Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 5:14 pm
Having alot of issues with the too many tracks error/bug is there a fix would I be able to receive the fix there should be a patch or repair hella frustrating some help on solving it would be awesome

Posted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 9:50 pm
Adion wrote :
Should be fixed now, please try to remove Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins64\beatport2_vdj_x64.dll and Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\beatport2_vdj_x86.dll

How would i go about doing this

Posted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 9:52 pm
user27509632 wrote :
Adion wrote :

How would i go about doing this

Simply remove the mentioned files
The idea is that you will then automatically get the fixes from beatport on next startup
But I don't think it will fully fix it for you.
Even after you get their new libraries, Beatsource/Beatport are still pretty strict about how much content they allow you to download. They are basically trying to auto-block any session that can look like it's mass-downloading from their servers. So if you try to fast downlod to analyze tracks, or speed mix on multiple decks you'll still most likely bump into their limits

Posted Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 5:30 am
Im having the same issue on my mac. Heres a workaround Ive come up with:

1. Sign up for soundcloud pro.
2. Use that when this error occurs.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 3:21 pm
The House Gecko wrote :
Im having the same issue on my mac. Heres a workaround Ive come up with:

1. Sign up for soundcloud pro.
2. Use that when this error occurs.

:-D
Yes, since they are a seperate content provider, and are less strict about no of tracks, that will obviously work
A third step could then be to cancel the Beatport /Beatsource subscription and just use Soundcloud :)

Posted Fri 21 Jul 23 @ 6:03 am
Having same issue here past few days. Any help plz?

Posted Thu 02 Nov 23 @ 8:01 pm
Has anyone figured this out? Had this happen twice to me during a gig. I am running a 2022 macbook pro.

The first time I logged out of beatsource in vdj to see if logging back in would help... it made VDJ crash and reopen multiple vdj sessions which I have never seen. That was a month ago.
Yesterday it did the same thing but this time I didnt want to risk it so I used tidal. I own most of my music and use streaming as filler for stuff i dont have.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 8:17 pm
87%