Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: make a variable with the value of the slider?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
hello
i want to make a variable with the value of one of my slider to say..if sliderX is greater than 0.1 actionX..if it is greater than 0.2 actionY ...and so on...but I don't know how to have this value?
thanks
fred

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 8:54 pm
Make a script i guess? not variable..

Something along : effect_slider "echo" 1 & param_bigger 50% ? do this action : else do this action
In this case for the Echo effect, 1st slider ...

You can replace "echo" part with any other effect by name, or by slot .. effect_slider 1 1, would be 1st slot, 1st slider

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:04 pm
rune thanks. I never knew this . How do i have a starting point of 30 and cut out at 50? instead of 0 to 100

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
if you're going to have several notches on a slider, it can get spaghetti like pretty quickly.
this is a bit neater

param_equal "`param_smaller 'effect_slider echo 1' 0.1`" "`param_bigger 'effect_slider echo 1' 0.2`" ? [in between 0.1 & 0.2] : [not inbetween]

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:21 pm
Stretchincanada wrote :
rune thanks. I never knew this . How do i have a starting point of 30 and cut out at 50? instead of 0 to 100

Could probably be done on the custom fader, but maybe you would be better off using color fx since its sounds like the goal is not to "distort" or over-do the effect?
Color fx are more gentle coloring of the sound, and can even add small range easily

effect_colorfx 1 'Filter' 'smallrange'
effect_colorfx 1 'Distortion' 'smallrange'

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Stretchincanada wrote :
...starting point of 30 and cut out at 50? instead of 0 to 100

Is that really related to the OP?
you have a slider that goes 0.0 to 1.0, you want to cover a range of 0.2 & want to start from 0.3

param_multiply 0.2 & param_add 0.3 & param_cast & effect_slider 'echo' 1

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:49 pm
skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
hello
thanks for your respons...for me I just want to have a slider who s gonna "key" + if Button x is pushed and - if button Y is pushed :) your infos help me thanks

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 9:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)