Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help with sampler sequencer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I wanted to have a sequencer like the Rekordbox Dj video.( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNwC5kpvzs)
Create a page, with a VDJscript I made a 16-time sequencer but I need help to:

1-Metronome, which is heard in the headphones to perform the sequence.

2-The sequence is synchronized with the theme or when the BPM is lowered or raised, the sequence is not synchronized.

3-Other utilities such as being able to do a 16-beat sequence instead of 2-4-8-16-32.

4-Save, load, play, the saved sequence.

I have little and basic knowledge of VDJ Script, thanks for helping me.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 3:41 am
Hi,
welcome to VDJ
I'm surprised that nobody answered already, anyway, I'm no expert and I can't compare to rekordbox .. I'm one of those that is happy with VDJ
however,
I'm pretty sure that could be done with loops, or by recording your own samples and doing things to 'em.
Have you tried all the sample and loop features that are available?
Good health
Ray

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 4:56 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes recording own samples, saved loops, custom pads...
but it look like a challenge

This would be fine to get that anyway

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 5:25 pm
Hello, thanks for replying to this thread, my goal is to have that rekordbox tool, and I have managed to carry out the sequence and it is sequenced, but the problem is that once my sequence ends, I move the track and desynchronize.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:18 pm
I share the pad template https://www.4shared.com/document/-WL9y6uwiq/Secuenciador.html
, you have to copy it to the location. "C: \ Users \ Your username \ Documents \ VirtualDJ". A virtual dj opens, you must place 2 programmable buttons
button 1 with this script

(toggle '1') (it is as if a power button of the sequence to be built can be timed as a recorkbox, but for practical purposes I have not yet done so)

button 2 with this other scrip

(repeat_stop 's' & repeat_stop 's2' & repeat_stop 's3' & repeat_stop 's4' & repeat_stop 's5' & repeat_stop 's6' & repeat_stop 's7' & repeat_stop 's8' & repeat_stop 's9' & repeat_stop 's10' & repeat_stop 's11' & repeat_stop 's12' & repeat_stop 's13' & repeat_stop 's14' & repeat_stop 's15' & repeat_stop 's16' &repeat_stop 's17' & repeat_stop 's18' & repeat_stop 's19' & repeat_stop 's20' & repeat_stop 's21' & repeat_stop 's22' & repeat_stop 's23' & repeat_stop 's24' & repeat_stop 's25' & repeat_stop 's26' & repeat_stop 's27' & repeat_stop 's28' & repeat_stop 's29' & repeat_stop 's30' & repeat_stop 's31' & repeat_stop 's32' & repeat_stop 's33' & repeat_stop 's34' & repeat_stop 's35' & repeat_stop 's36' & repeat_stop 's37' & repeat_stop 's38' & repeat_stop 's39' & repeat_stop 's40' & repeat_stop 's41' & repeat_stop 's42' & repeat_stop 's43' & repeat_stop 's44' & repeat_stop 's45' & repeat_stop 's46' & repeat_stop 's47' & repeat_stop 's48' & repeat_stop 's49' & repeat_stop 's50' & repeat_stop 's51' & repeat_stop 's52' & repeat_stop 's53' & repeat_stop 's54' & repeat_stop 's55' & repeat_stop 's56' & repeat_stop 's57' & repeat_stop 's58' & repeat_stop 's59' & repeat_stop 's60' & repeat_stop 's61' & repeat_stop 's62' & repeat_stop 's63' & repeat_stop 's64' & repeat_stop 's65' & repeat_stop 's66' & repeat_stop 's67' & repeat_stop 's68' & repeat_stop 's69' & repeat_stop 's70' & repeat_stop 's71' & repeat_stop 's72' & repeat_stop 's73' & repeat_stop 's74' & repeat_stop 's75' & repeat_stop 's76' & repeat_stop 's77' & repeat_stop 's78' & repeat_stop 's79' & repeat_stop 's80' & repeat_stop 's81' & repeat_stop 's82' & repeat_stop 's83' & repeat_stop 's84' & repeat_stop 's85' & repeat_stop 's86' & repeat_stop 's87' & repeat_stop 's88' & repeat_stop 's89' & repeat_stop 's90' & repeat_stop 's91' & repeat_stop 's92' & repeat_stop 's93' & repeat_stop 's94' & repeat_stop 's95' & repeat_stop 's96' &repeat_stop 's97' & repeat_stop 's98' & repeat_stop 's99' & repeat_stop 's100' & repeat_stop 's101' & repeat_stop 's102' & repeat_stop 's103' & repeat_stop 's104' & repeat_stop 's105' & repeat_stop 's106' & repeat_stop 's107' & repeat_stop 's108' & repeat_stop 's109' & repeat_stop 's110' & repeat_stop 's111' & repeat_stop 's112' & repeat_stop 's113' & repeat_stop 's114' & repeat_stop 's115' & repeat_stop 's116' & repeat_stop 's117' & repeat_stop 's118' & repeat_stop 's119' & repeat_stop 's120' & repeat_stop 's121' & repeat_stop 's122' & repeat_stop 's123' & repeat_stop 's124' & repeat_stop 's125' & repeat_stop 's126' & repeat_stop 's127' & repeat_stop 's128' & set 'c1' 17 & set 'c2' 17 & set 'c3' 17 & set 'c4' 17 & set 'c5' 17 & set 'c6' 17 & set 'c7' 17 & set 'c8' 17 ) (This stops the entire sequence and also sets the cycles I use, so hit this button first) then they press the first button that I had them program and they can play with the sequencer

don't forget it's for a sample page, so use some page like 'drum' or a hit. I hope you like it and help me improve it.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:44 pm
have you tried the poi editor? this is the best by far. you can make loops save loops, , hot cues , load points and more.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:46 pm

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:48 pm
Stretchincanada If I have tried it, my goal is to be able to have that sequencer tool or sequencer plugin, so I try to replicate it with script, I just need help to improve it

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:52 pm
okay, so you want to automate all of those processes with a script .... I like
+1
I'm sure you'll get some help

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 7:39 pm
You're welcome friend, I hope it works for you and you like it, and that you send it to the one who helps me with this topic.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 8:31 pm
Guys, you should not be doing this...

From the forum rules:
Posting links to external sites for the purpose of downloading addons outside of VirtualDJ.com is not permitted

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 4:24 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
reading between the lines that rule is for links for plugins hosted by vdj already.
More to prevent licence circumnavigation, and spam.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 4:28 pm
Certainly NLUs posting links to external sites (whatever the content) has been stomped on in the past...

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 5:34 pm
Again a rule borne of a time with serial number sharing and all new HW support coming from licence required mapping and def files.
The rule still has a purpose but, for this case I don't see the need to apply it.
For this one, I'll follow the intention, not the letter of the rule

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 6:05 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
My bad ^^ i asked for the other link
but 23k of not functionning pad button script in one unformatted page would have been a better way? (some were fire for that in the past)
some do : https://tinyurl.com/wbsorw4
oups! sorry (NLU): https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/233816/Addons/Controller_2020_by_DennYo.html

hopefully rules interpretation widely depends on moderators point of view
i.e.: French forum is extremely unreasonably strict with these rules: a picture is an addon, naming a site is a personnal info and fr.vdj.com is out of vdj.com domain
A reason to use English forum instead

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 6:09 pm
The links I have shared no longer exist, I don't want to violate the forum rules, how can I share my idea to get your help?

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 6:35 pm
Posting scripts, xml and code is obviously totally ok.. ;-) Thats just part of asking for help, tips, and guidance for help creating, altering or debugging things.
The "forum rule" is of course only meant towards already fully made plugins that are already hosted on site as downloads.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:12 pm
user21368371 wrote :
...4-Save, load, play, the saved sequence...

if you don't have that then you don't really have anything, I don't think this could be reasonably or effectively done with script.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:14 pm
So can I republish the external link I used to share the pad page file I shared?

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:15 pm
user21368371 wrote :
So can I republish the external link I used to share the pad page file I shared?

That should be ok ;-) Since its just asking for help, and to see if its possible to certain things or not .. ;-)
Can also use tools such as https://pastebin.com/ , here is yours from earlier as example https://pastebin.com/B5heTQze

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:23 pm
67%