Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Platinum Notes from Miked in Key

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here's my question for anyone who has used Platinum Notes. Now I understand that the program makes a copy of the track that's being analysed or repaired. But what I wanna know is how do you replace the track in your library. Will you library read the track same as original meaning that all your history will stay in tact just playing the platinum notes version?
Just wanted to know the process you used to get going or if you library and history just started over with the new platinum notes versions of your music.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 10:01 pm
the only way for Virtual DJ to recognize it as the same track is to name it exactly the same file name and put in the same folder (IE replace the old file) but the problem is since the volume changes you will need to re-analyze the file for vdj to set the gain properly.

myself i just tag and process the files before adding to virtual dj so i don't have to mess with all that.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 10:18 pm
Shouldn't you be asking the guys at Mixed In Key?

This is the Virtual DJ forum. Different software....

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 10:19 pm
Well I'm not asking a Mixed in Key software question. I'm asking a Virtual DJ software question about keeping my library intact.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 11:25 pm
wickedmix wrote :
the only way for Virtual DJ to recognize it as the same track is to name it exactly the same file name and put in the same folder (IE replace the old file) but the problem is since the volume changes you will need to re-analyze the file for vdj to set the gain properly.

myself i just tag and process the files before adding to virtual dj so i don't have to mess with all that.

I get that for new tracks, but I hope the exact match things work for all the tracks I already have.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 11:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)