Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 2020, DDJ SX2, headphone static (track preview only)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

Details of the issue (occured multiple times):

Preview a track (click on track, select play in right-hand side preview window) and static through headphones (both 1/4 and 1/8 factory jacks). Using new headphones (opened up last night).
When playing a track in the players, there is no issue with static in headphones.
No static coming via speakers using either Master XLR, Master RCA, or Booth 1/4" outputs
All power grounded and protected
All audio cables in excellent condition (new or tested/reconditioned/refurbished by certiftied technician)

Hardware:
Lenovo T430 Core 2 Quad 2.3 GHz
32 GB RAM
Win 10
All music on 1 TB SSD (separate)

DDJ SX2

Virtual DJ 2020 (last update around end of November, beginning of December)

Newer Shure SRH 750DJ headphones
New Shure SRH350 studio headphones (for testing)
Tascam Studio headphones (for testing)
JVC earbuds 1/8" jack (for testing)

QSC 15" Powered speakers (for testing)
QSC K 12 powered speakers
QSC K Sub
Mackie SRM 350 (for testing)
Peavy 24" powered sub (for testing)

Ultimately unsure whether the issue is VDJ or DDJ SX2. Don't use Serato.

Thank you all for any insight

Regards

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 7:47 pm
Hello all,

As a follow up to my previous post, further testing has revealed the issue appears to be isolated to VDJ. I fooled around with Serato, same laptop, controller, and testing gear. The static in headphones while previewing a track or cueing doesn't present itself.

I am currently running VDJ 2020 (v8.3 b4787)

Thanks again

Posted Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 6:30 pm
Through the magic of Facebook community forums it appears that I have solved the issue "I think":

1. searched in Options for "ZeroDB"
2. change value from "Default" to -12DB
3. profit

So far, mixing multiple tracks at anything but maxed headphone volume appears to have no issues.

EDIT:
After doing the above I tried out the Pre-Listen function and still had the pops/crackles. I followed the logic that I was still missing something, like an overall headphone setting.

Searched for "gain" in the options menu. Found "headphone gain". Changed it from what I imagine was a default setting of "0.54000" to "0.4000". All pops/static gone from headphones.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 2:31 am
Pop/crackles are probably due to too low audio buffer. The crackle/pop happens when the audio buffer runs out before new data is sent from your computer.
Try setting the audio buffer a little higher, 256 samples for example (or 512 if needed)

Open the Pioneer Settings utility to set value

Typically it will look something like this

Posted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 11:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)