Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: temporarily changing booth_volume and headphone_volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AnorgyHome userMember since 2015
I'd like to be able to temporarily set the booth_volume to off (0%) and the headphone_volume to 20%, and then set them back to the same volume they were previously.

If I manually set the BOOTH_VOLUME knob to something like 20%, and write a script like:

down ? booth_volume 0% : booth_volume 50%

the volume will jump up to 50% after I let up on the key instead of the 20% I had previously manually set.

it seems that with deck volume I can use get_volume to set the volume to a variable for later use, ala ...

set "$deck1-volume" '`deck 1 get_volume & param_cast float`' & ...

The docs at https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs_v8.html also seem to suggest that there may be a "get_level 'mic'" and "get_level 'sampler'". Are "headphone" and "booth" considered "decks" such that I could set a variable to "get_level 'booth'" or "get_level 'headphone'" and use it to reset the volume later?

Posted Thu 30 Jan 20 @ 2:05 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
1- why not to simply use the dedicated while_pressed verb ?

booth_volume 0% while_pressed
headphone_volume 20% while_pressed

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/vdjscript.html

The full command syntax is:
[deck [deck]] verb [param1] [param2] [while_pressed]

the undocumented "temporary" and "momentarily" and "smart_pressed" are also possible

2- no these are not "all" decks, but yes you can use headphone_volume and booth_volume and sampler_volume and sampler_volume_master and mic_volume and mic2_volume ... as a query to set a variable - not global one in these examples:

deck 1 set "deck1-volume" `booth_volume ` & ...

to restore :
... get_var "deck1-volume" & booth_volume

Posted Thu 30 Jan 20 @ 3:39 am
AnorgyHome userMember since 2015
Cool. Once again I was making this way more difficult than it needed to be.

Many Thanks.

Posted Thu 30 Jan 20 @ 3:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)