Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to get mixpoint position?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Grok32Home userMember since 2019
Is there a way to get mixpoint locations similar to 'cue_pos 1' but for mixpoints?

Posted Wed 29 Jan 20 @ 6:29 pm
There was a post about Automix without automix which would actually solve a problem I am having with automix so I thought I would give it a try. The following script works but I had to use a cue point instead of the "endcut" mixpoint (which is already set in much of my music) as I could not cypher a way to tell when the song had reached the "endcut".

Anyone have any suggestions?

repeat_start 'check' 200ms & not songpos_remain 500ms ? & has_cue 32 ? param_bigger 'Cue_pos 32' 'get_position' ? browser_scroll +1 & load & repeat_start 'wait' 100ms 1 & goto_cue 1 & play & pad_page 'x custom 2' & pad 1 : nothing : nothing : browser_scroll +1 & load & repeat_start 'wait' 100ms 1 & goto_cue 1 & play & pad_page 'x custom 2' & pad 1

Posted Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 10:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes there's a way but it's ugly-ish and would require you to alter your database at the xml level.
So backup, twice, before you even think about trying it
In a decent text editor - database.xml
Ctrl+H
find
Point="cutEnd"
Replace with
Point="cutEnd" Name="Mix 'Cut' Exit"

That will give a name to your mixpoint [exactly the same as when the point has no name, but it will give the entity a name]
Now it has a name, you can cue_select it by name [making it the default cue] and then you can get the time||position etc

cue_select "Mix 'Cut' Exit" & WHATEVER

There might well be a better way but I can't think of one.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 11:30 pm
Thanks! That's a nice nugget of info...

Posted Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 11:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)