Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-2 Problems and another thing...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any thoughts on why my DAC-2's display is jumping around? It starts out ok but after you load a song or two, the display loses the loop number, the remain timer starts counting up and down randomly, the bpm disappears or shows a random value. The controller works fine dispite the display. This is happening on a brand new shuttle 2.8Ghz, 800 fsb, 1G mem, Raided 250Gb SATA drives (Raid 1), a screamer to be sure. The machine runs perfectly otherwise. I turned off the HT, reinstalled XP, the works. Still, the DMC screws up. I have a similar machine also for back up and the DMC works perfect on that one. Any thoughts?

The other thing... Am I missing something or is there not a way to drag an entire folder to the wait list so you can random auto play, say like for unattended dinner music?
If not, can you add this feature to the next update?

Thanks...

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 5:20 am
Well? Anyone.. Anyone?

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 4:46 am
Hi !

I don’t know for your DAC 2 because I don’t use it, but for drag an entire folder: Open it and click in, press “ctrl A” and drag/drop in wait list. Also, you can press “ctrl” and choose the files you need.

Coyote

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 4:58 am
I also have a shuttle. I have a DAC-2 with my Laptop system, and have recently created a main system with the shuttle. The DAC-2 bounces around. All controls work, (Pitch shift, play, cue, load etc) but the display "bounces". I'm bringing it to a gig tonight to see how it functions. Will also bring the backup just in case.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 7:00 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I'd try reinstalling the dac-2 drives, this seems like a serial data issue.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 4:57 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I concur with Cyderhouse. Also, after you re-install the drivers, look in the device manager under the COM Ports and make sure you only have 1 instance of the DAC listed. Usually it is installed as a device on COM 4. Also, you may try setting the DAC configuration in VDJ from AutoDetect to the COM port that the DAC is assigned to.

cstoll

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 5:36 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
shuttle?

ah yes I knew there may be something else, check your jumpers for the usb voltage, the display may flicker if there correct 5v isn't present. This can also be solved by adding a powered usb hub. Laptop users may experience something similar.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 6:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)