Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is anyone from the Support Team ever going to address the skipping?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are we doomed forever with shodily written software? Or are the team memebers ever going to come up with a fix for the skipping? I have tried all kinds of different pc combinations. I own a IT company so I know professionally all about computers and I know that there are no problems with using other software mixing products such PCDJ. I want to know when we can expect to get a good product that we paid good money for. Or is the Atomix crew just new quailified to fix this problem. Sorry guys, but I have tried to solve the problems with emails from you but to no avail. Good luck with this software. I might be worthy in another 5 or 6 years.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 2:36 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Damn, nice attitude.

Well VDJ is on thousands of computers. Thousands. I think that in these forums I've only seen very few users asking how to fix a skipping problem. (so you maybe shouldn't put all the blame on the software)
Most of the time when you follow a thread through, the user ends up fixing the skipping by changing or fixing something simple on his computer.
I can say that I use this software 4 times every week without a skipping problem.
have you read the skipping post in the forum? have you sent in or posted your computer specs? Just saying I have skipping what should I do isn't really enough. Talk about your opperating system and you hardware configuration.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 1:42 pm
@DJTroyka

For some one who like myself is in the IT field, I am sure you must be familiar with (almost near standard) reporting procedures to whomever your helpdesk/tier I services are. I am almost positive that one being as computer literate as you can appreciate that a user requesting to have something repaired normally gives more than. “My printer doesn’t print” (although I have seen this) Usually model, manufacture, ect, ect. is requested as well as the problem and what lead to the problem, as to assist the help desk/tier I services in remedying the problem in a most expedient and efficient manner. So by giving vague information and then posturing a foul attitude in these forums by complaining about lack of support denotes your lack of professionalism. There are plenty of people in these forums that would have no problem attempting to assist you, if they had more information to go on as opposed to your sparse description that you have left. That is one of the purposes of these forums.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 1:59 pm
@DJTroyka;

One last thing, it has been my experience that most times when people claim to "know professionally all about computers" they usually do not, because of the shear feat of knowing everything (or in your words "all") is too much for any one person to do in there lifetime let alone several. So to listen to your statement makes me question the creditability of the claims you put forth. I do not doubt the problems you are experiencing are real, and that you are indeed upset because of them. It is the "other" claims I am having reservations about. Owner, indeed.

Regards;

Redman247

(The opinions in the above statement are mine and mine alone and by no means shared or endorsed by the Atomix Produtions company in part or in whole.)

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 2:27 pm
t123xHome userMember since 2003
He doesn't have to make a request, afterall, he OWNS an IT company (however vague that may be). I agree with having to address ongoing issues, but I also agree with providing more info, proper QA procedures, and triple-checking end-user problems before sounding like a jacka$$ who thinks he knows it all. Just because you tried every solution(known to you) in YOUR side doesn't mean the rest of the world has been represented. Ever thought of these possibilities:

-your mp3 bitrates are too low or diff for every file?
-the PCs you are using have anti-virus running(active scan)
-network shares with ocassional traffic(hell every PC I got is connected to a share somewhere and vice versa)
-corrupt O/S (from a bad install or image)
-lack of memory / cpu maxed out
-trojan (something this harmless can affect DirectX)
-faulty sound card(s)
-faulty speakers
-faulty operator

etc...

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 12:54 am
LOL!
faulty operator

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 9:35 pm
i found a good workaround...

when my mp3's start to skip i firmly tap the side of my case, thereby knocking the bytes back into alignment. it seems that occasionally my drive fills up too much on the right hand side...(?)

(The above statement is mine and mine alone and by no means shared or endorsed by the Atomix Produtions company in part or in whole. Or anyone else in the universe, ever, throughout history until the end of time. with liberty & justice for all.)

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 10:51 pm
Haha you guys kill me....
The thing is see....I already emailed my problem and went back and forth with Yams...The professional. And...after I did submit my computer specifications and every last detail inlcluding but not limited to
1. virtual memory size
2. this is the only program running on this machine
3. there is no virus software on the pc that i use for music I scan everything before I ever put it onto this system and I am the only one that uses this system.
4. I have tried this program on machines that range from a 1.4 G Athlon to a 1.8 Duron to a 3.0 Intel P4.
5. I have tried this not only with a laptop but with a nearly if not totally perfect amchine with no other problems except ...hold on let me let you guess.....ah yes...Virtual DJ.
6. I have tried using the Extigy and the Audigy II cards...no worky....still skips. I have even had collegues of mine take a look because no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes....but still there are no problems. The comuter screems performance with American DJ's Mix software. And the PCDJ FX program runs so smoothly it's like heave to your ears. Only problem is ...I love the ideas of Virtual DJ. But when a forums section is sooooo large about one problem such as skipping ...then that means that it is proably not just one user...it is the software. For those of you that DJ and have it running soooo perfectly, tell me what your exact specs are. I will be a machine with thos exact specs. If it runs perfectly well then I'll be damn...but I am willing to bet...it won't run the way that it is supposed to.

.........by the way...you guys are so supportive. Thanx.

DJ Troyka

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 3:54 am
@DJTroyka

For the exact system specs I run my machine('s) at you have nothing more to do than click on my profile (Like most other registered users with blue alias's) . As for the rest of your machines having problems, I know the P4 will most likely have it's problems when HT is enabled. Now I have a few questons for you, is your system('s) skipping when your record into MP3 or during playback or both? Are these systems connected to a LAN with a connection to the internet that is active when you are trying to use VDJ?

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 9:19 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Personnaly I own :

P4 2.4B without HT
1024 DDRSDRAM PC2700 CORSAIR
3HDD : 120, 40, 30 (Go)
6 USB 2.0 ports all used by printer, dsl modem (internet alive 24h a day), usb mouse, joystick, ...
100/100 Mb/s Lan plugged on network (and my computer as firewall and gateway)
Softwares in background : antivirus, firewall, msn, ...(about only 66% memory availbale at start up)
No swap (as I use 1024 of RAM)
NT Kernel set to stay in RAM instead of swap

I never encountered any problem with Virtual DJ with this configuration.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 03 @ 10:26 am
I have no network connected, I am using a
1.8G Athlon XP CPU
1024g RAM (I have tried ecc and non ecc)
120G 7200 RPM Maxtor Hard Drive
Wireles USB Keyboard
Windows XP Pro with no services running in the background. I do not use antivirus and/or any other application besides Virtual DJ in the background. My computer should have no problem running this app. I really WANT this program to work because the concept is phenominal. But I also had problems getting Atmomix to work correctly as well....I want this fixed because I do love the idea.....I didn't mean to come off as an ass earlier. It's just that I use this software every week, several times a week and I like to show it off. It's embarassing when it starts skipping and I am all digital...

DJTroyka

Posted Fri 07 Nov 03 @ 12:34 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try not using any USB device and also, do you have a zip or any other device connected to your pc?
Also unplug everything, and reconnect everything again.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 03 @ 7:58 pm
I have an AthlonXP 1,8Ghz with 768 ddr ram and 2 x Maxtor HD 60g
XP home edition, I’m on Internet (LAN) with norton AntiVirus running, and I don’t have skip or any problem with this configuration.

Have you try a software like Ad-Aware for cleaning a lot of spyware who use a lot of memory in background ?

Coyote

Posted Fri 07 Nov 03 @ 10:27 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Athlon 1800+ 256RAM SBLIVE Platinum 5.1 connected to internet LAN running F-Prot antivirus.

I encounter skipping too. But:
I go to the task manager, in the 'processes' tab, and terminate the rundll32.exe running. It resolves the problem for me. Maybe I'm a fool to suggest it to you, but for me after terminating this task, it runs properly.

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 08 Nov 03 @ 3:48 pm
I do have any external devices...and I use FProts software on my other computer but the macine I use for music is strictly for music.....no internet usage waht-so-ever. Everything used on this computer is thouroughly scanned by nortons AV. I am going to try getting rid of the ?USB device this sounds like a formidable idea. I will keep you all posted. Thanx for all of your inputs.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 03 @ 6:45 pm
djxsHome userMember since 2003
Hey everyone, im having problems with skipping as well...
On my Compaq Evo N600c which is P3 1.2Ghz, 256mb, both Atomix and VirtualDJ skip, and on my Amilo D7820 which is P4 2.53Ghz, 512mb, Atomix works fine but VirtualDJ skips.
When i say skip, it sounds like there's clicks and pops going on and it's impossible to do a smooth mix.
My Amilo is in bits and needs to be sent back coz it keeps overheating and shutting off so im trying to get the software to work on the Compaq, but from what im hearing about the P4 and HT, it's the Amilo that should be having problems, not the Compaq... anyone got any ideas? It really is headwrecking coz from trying out all the DJ mixing software i prefer Virtual DJ, the whole fact that you can see the waveforms is a big plus point, i rarely even use headphones while mixing these days, PCDJ is way behind...

Posted Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 2:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)