Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Apple music won't play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I have set up my xmas playlist in Apple Music and when i open VDJ the songs of the playlist are there but with a zero value for duration and won't play. Tried setting up the music destination again on my machine etc but no change pls help

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 2:46 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Apple music tracks, the rental service. won't work with dj software. DRM protection. Nothing that can be done about that.

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 2:58 pm
Even if downloaded onto my machine?

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 3:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If it's a rental service then no, apple music is a consumer service and the rented tracks can't be used for djing, they argue that djing is professional use, whilst you may or may not be a paid dj, apple can't differentiate, therefore apple music not for dj's.

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 3:30 pm
Thats frustrating. Anyway around this? Surely I don't have to buy all the tracks again? Is there another service that will allow this? Thank you for helping me out

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 3:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by 'buy again'?
If you are subscribing to the apple music subscription then you didn't buy any tracks yet.
If you want to continue using a subscription service you could check out one of the subscriptions supported in VirtualDJ:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/database/onlinemusic.html

Otherwise you would indeed need to purchase the individual tracks (which you can also do through Apple Music/iTunes)

Posted Wed 18 Dec 19 @ 4:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)