Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Some of my home made skins (gallery)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For a while now I have been creating my own skin designs using djdad's Skin Builder or Skin Creator to get things started, and tweaking from there.

They tend to be stripped back "controller" skins with two large decks and a big browser. Usually lower resolution than VDJ's default skins too, because I'm running them on a 15" laptop screen, so things need to be scaled up.

Things that a controller typically can't show are the FX info (effect name and parameter details) and info on the pad mode & what each pad does, so those are shown on the skin too.

Just go to my home page and click 'photos'....

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 8:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
A couple of comments if i may have here...

As an experienced DJ you are, yes i agree that your skins are what I call "on spot", with just the necessary skin elements and info along with a big browser.
However, a skin needs to be "nice" and beautiful too, and i must admit that you have not worried about that part that much. The intense background color is a bit "ugly" imho and draw too much attention , and the buttons with the new Skin Builder Extractor could have a more "modern" look.
But never the less, thanks for sharing these pics. Feel free to upload and share links of your Skin Builder projects files too. Pretty sure some will find your creations useful, even beautiful too :)

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 10:41 pm
They do all have colour selection menus, which includes grey and black.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 7:54 am
With all respect:
we nearly lost all skiners, so I'm glad that somebody just skinning.
So I just want to say thank you.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 11:03 am
Using the skin builder is not “skinning”.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 12:19 pm
It’s not used to build the entire skin, just to provide a skeleton to get things started.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 12:50 pm
There's little point in my posting the Skin Builder project files because they wouldn't be usable.

They don't contain the finished skins, just a bare minimum of XML used as a foundation to build on.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 10:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)