Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Opinions on best controller to use (4-channels)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OPINIONS ON BEST CONTROLLER TO USE WITH VIRTUAL DJ (More then 2 channels and usb input)

OK, no wrong answers..
i like the look of the numark pro, heard good things about the reloops, cant go wrong with the pioneer range (sb3/400 etc..) & the new native traktor
G kontrol is intruiging.

CANT DECIDE!! NEED HELP TO DECIDE ASAP!!

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 3:27 pm
The best thing is to go to your DJ store and have a feel of them. There's nothing like a hands on opinion, you judge it's weight, feel, Tech specs, connectivity, durability, built in effects and more. My only thing I'd say is to avoid a controller that requires you to press shift + to get to other effects that in my mind should be on the controller front (i.e, not hidden beneath other effects or layer. Which Numark Pro?, Quad?, Pro 3?, Pro 2?. I had the quad and Pro 2, both of which were brilliant but limited (for me) in what they could do without using the dreaded shift button

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 3:50 pm
Please stop SHOUTING.

None of the controllers you mention have a USB input. For that, you need to be looking at the Denon DJ MCX8000, or the Pioneer XDJ-RX2 or XDJ-RR.

There's also the Denon DJ Prime 4, but that's not something you can use with VDJ - it's designed for standalone use anyway.

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 4:17 pm
Thank You MRDJLINTON. i think i'll have to get a feel for a few different ones.. so many to choose from. I have a list of requirements and see which one has them at best quality and lowest price. Also i noticed you can buy controlllers from amazon significantly cheaper then anywhere else i am aware of. Would you recommend buying from amazon to save money or pay the bit extra and get from local dj store? Thank you once again

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 10:46 pm
eshtekizm wrote :
Also i noticed you can buy controlllers from amazon significantly cheaper then anywhere else i am aware of.

DV247 and other retailers are all doing the Denon MC7000 cheaper than Amazon, by £140! I spent a long time choosing my controller, the Denon MC7000 came out on top for me.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 2:14 am
Be careful if it's too good to be true. I've definitely seen some prices that are wayyy to low to be legit.

If you have no local store, them Amazon does have a good return policy.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 2:37 pm
Be careful over 1 of the leading DJ stores in Europe. If you weren't "pro" marked users, I'd be tempted to believe I was typing to some form of advanced Amazon bots trying to influence DJ sales towards their site. Prior to this thread I'd never actually thought of checking Amazon for Dj gear. So I did and compared to how well they price other things, not competitive at all.

Had they been competitively priced and you both being Bots, the strategy would of worked.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 8:18 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I’d add that your local store may/should price-match (legit) online sellers.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 7:44 pm
@Mitchiemasha I see where confusion happened. I was replying to what the OP said here in his second post:
Also i noticed you can buy controlllers from amazon significantly cheaper then anywhere else i am aware of. Would you recommend buying from amazon to save money or pay the bit extra and get from local dj store? Thank you once again

I've definitely seen a few outrageous 3rd party seller offers on Amazon (DDJ RZX for $899 new for instance!).

Like they always say, If it's too good to be true...

Posted Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 3:21 pm
Ahh yes... That makes perfect sense now.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 12:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)