Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Here we go again. Skin gets messed up on new version 5186

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK what changed with these EFFECTs. I had a battle with EQ-10 when it got made resident.

Now what did you change? The order of my EFFECTs changed and I cannot align them the way I had them set.

Can't you make the data windows for these EFFECTs size changable? What about it VDJ ???????

Good one Version 5186

Messed up one Version 5281

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 11:28 am
Actually this is the 5186 Skin. The one above is an older version. But still the same situation

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 12:32 pm
Is it the same with the default skin?
That should work in the release when changes are made to the skin engine

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 2:55 pm
IMO if you really must have all those effects full GUIs open and laid out exactly so, then maybe you should consider using a custom floating window that has your exact layout, fixed in stone. Or customize the skin itself to have a pullout FX area with your layout in fixed knobs and buttons.

I think it's safe to say most of us use the knobs and buttons on the skin without even opening one GUI, let alone all that lot - and in a layout that has to be a certain way. You're on you own there!

VDJ is versatile though, so you could have your own personal "Jimmy's Layout" on the skin or in a window. Then it would be a fixed thing.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 4:35 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Is it the same with the default skin?
That should work in the release when changes are made to the skin engine

Don't ever use the default skin. I'm dedicated to this one. Got everything where I want it. New release screwed it up.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 5:57 am
groovindj wrote :
IMO if you really must have all those effects full GUIs open and laid out exactly so, then maybe you should consider using a custom floating window that has your exact layout, fixed in stone. Or customize the skin itself to have a pullout FX area with your layout in fixed knobs and buttons.

I think it's safe to say most of us use the knobs and buttons on the skin without even opening one GUI, let alone all that lot - and in a layout that has to be a certain way. You're on you own there!

VDJ is versatile though, so you could have your own personal "Jimmy's Layout" on the skin or in a window. Then it would be a fixed thing.

Well I consider this a "Jimmy's Layout". All my EFFECTS are loaded with "ONINIT" So it has been a fixed thing. But something changed with the EFFECTS that screws everything up.

If VDJ is no help then no more updates for me. I like this layout.

Could I somehow change the size of the EFFECT's data windows in the skin XML? I went on a search to do that when they changed EQ10, but didn't have much luck.

Why did the EFFECTs change in this release??? VDJ any help on this please???

Posted Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 6:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As you can see the layout of the knobs has been changed, making better use of available space.
Selecting the size for each effect is automatic, so that the least amount of space is required to fit all the effects.
(As you can see in your screenshot, the new knobs actually allow to fit the same effects in a smaller horizontal space)

At the moment there's no way to manually change the size or position of the effects other than changing the order in which they are opened.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 6:35 am
Adion wrote :
As you can see the layout of the knobs has been changed, making better use of available space.
Selecting the size for each effect is automatic, so that the least amount of space is required to fit all the effects.
(As you can see in your screenshot, the new knobs actually allow to fit the same effects in a smaller horizontal space)

At the moment there's no way to manually change the size or position of the effects other than changing the order in which they are opened.

Really? Look at the new ones again. "DJOS Special Flanger has the button far to the left vs. centered. Stupid place for it right?

Then a lot of blank space to the right. And a big black area "horizontally" to the right of EQ10.

Please...That's NOT better use of available horizontal space.

Can't the EFFECT data windows be improved to allow us to change the size? "Automatic" isn't working out too well here.

I scanned the appropriate XML files and see no X Y parameters for these EFFECTS. What you are implying is this is NOT controlled by an XML config setting. It's built into the un-touchable areas of the program.

So what you seem to be telling me is that I'm FU**ED. No more updates. I turned the upgrade pop up OFF.

And VDJ isn't going to do a damn thing about it. Am I accurate in my analysis?

Can't you please revert back? Or can I force the system to use my current EFFECTs and ignore the "Native" ones?

Can't your programmers apply some additional intelligence, and make the data window sizes scalable. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 7:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)