Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ROLAND DJ 707M

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Further expanding the line started by its flagship DJ-808, Roland has introduced the DJ-707M DJ controller. Like the DJ-808, the DJ-707M is designed for tight integration with Serato software and boasts a 4-channel, 4-deck configuration. For DJs, MCs, producers, and remixers who want the same style and essential functions found on the DJ-808, but don’t need its integrated TR-S drum machine, the DJ-707M is the perfect solution.

For starters, it has two large platters with color-coded buttons for quick deck selection, so you’ll always know what deck you’re controlling at a glance. Below each platter, you’ll find eight RGB performance pads and Serato DJ Pro controls for efficient triggering of hot cues, loops, effects, drum patterns, and samples. Apply Serato FX via dedicated FX select buttons per deck, or use the onboard channel FX to initiate a different effect on each channel. For stand-alone mixing with sources such as CDJs, turntables, mics, and media players, the mixer—complete with trim, EQ, filter, FX, TR drum patterns, and more—is at your disposal, and it’s Serato DVS upgrade ready.

With seven inputs and three assignable output sections, the DJ-707M is packed with capable connectivity. Two USB inputs ensure that you can transition seamlessly between multiple Serato sessions on separate computers. The ability to use one USB input for an iOS device is a welcome function for emergency music playback. Channels 1-2 have stereo RCA line/phono inputs, while channels 3-4 sport stereo RCA line inputs. Each of the four channels features 3-band EQ, filter/FX, input trim, a level fader, and a 7-segment meter. Two 3-pin XLR jacks accommodate balanced microphones, and each can be enhanced with 3-band EQ, noise gating, anti-feedback, and vocal effects like reverb, echo, auto pitch, and automatic ducking. You also get an aux input with two 1/4" jacks, a 3.5mm mini jack, and a mic/mono/stereo selector.

There are plenty of outputs, too—all stereo and all fed by 24-bit / 48 kHz converters. Master outs on balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA connectors, balanced 1/4" stereo booth outputs, and a zone out on RCA sockets are provided for maximum routing flexibility. Tweak EQ, multi-band compression, and limiting for each output section to ensure that your sound reaches its full potential, then save your settings for easy recall later. Plus, a 5-pin MIDI output is there on the rear panel for anyone who wants to synchronize a synth, drum machine, keyboard, or DAW with their Serato DJ Pro software.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 6:54 pm

Posted Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 6:57 pm
Decent spec but not the prettiest thing out there .....

Posted Tue 13 Aug 19 @ 6:59 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I saw this (sworn to secrecy at the time) a few weeks ago in the USA.

Don't be put off by all the Serato mentions - it will apparently be fully VDJ compatible soon. We were told September, but of course there may be a few minor bugs to iron out as with ANY new hardware.

Key things that stood out for me with this:

1. Very compact, just over 19".
2. "Turntable" style layout, so both sides of the controller feel the same instead of that mirrored style.
3. Dual XLR mic inputs.
4. Adjustable zone AND booth out. Great for us wedding or corporate mobile guys that are often putting remote speakers in different spaces other than the dance/dining area.
5. Priced competitively.

I can't wait to get mine!

Nick in NZ

Posted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 3:49 am
Shame the booth and zone are not XLR, plus the DC power is inconvenient.

Posted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 8:09 pm
Jog wheels are anything but large, as per OP. Most reviews mention they are smaller than some of current wheels found on other DJ controllers. If I would guess, I would say they look like 5" from the pics.

Posted Thu 15 Aug 19 @ 5:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
More likely 4" (100mm) given the 19" width

Posted Thu 15 Aug 19 @ 6:00 pm
The review on djworx lists the spec from Roland, and get this, each output has its own separate 4 band EQ, multiband compressor, limiter and feedback suppression - and the unit can store 10 different scene presets of settings for the above gadgets.

Effects on the mic channels include key based auto pitching (AutoTune in other words).

There are also TR Drums available on deck 3.

So lots of stuff that this can do which isn't visible.

[oops, I just noticed that some of this was mentioned in the first post]

Posted Thu 15 Aug 19 @ 6:24 pm
It's a brilliant piece of kit for mobile DJs. An almost perfect replacement for the MC6000 with more tech in it.

I like it a lot.

May buy one as a backup controller. My MCX8000 was away for 2 months getting repaired with multiple faults and I'm not convinced it will stay in good working order for long.

Posted Thu 15 Aug 19 @ 7:22 pm
now officially supported

Posted Thu 05 Sep 19 @ 7:20 pm
hello, I'm thinking to buy this controller. I'm a mobile dj, and I'm doing also Karaoke events. I have now an pioneer xdj R1, So I need another mixer with more mic inputs to connect mics for the singers and also 1 for me. Also I can put another laptop in with the karaoke program on it. But now, my question. Is it already completely compatible with VDJ? Because I don't want to change to serato.....
Thanks for the answer.
nicolas

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 2:26 pm

Posted Thu 13 Feb 20 @ 5:33 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a new controller, can you tell me if the sync button lights up when it's on beat? I mix normally by ear, but some of the acoustics are poor in venues that I've played in, and this would be handy to have.

Thanks

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 10:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
that would be trivial to script

Posted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 11:11 am
Can I use a condenser microphone on the Roland DDJ 707M?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 3:29 pm
Which condenser mic? Does it have its own power (i.e. internal battery)?

If not then you can't power it from the 707M, or any DJ equipment really. Phantom power is not something normally found on DJ gear.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 3:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)