Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: My karaoke searches do not always succeed - is there a size limit

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a new user to VirtualDJ. I think that I have set up my karaoke databse correctly, but have noticed that my searches do not always succeed.

I'll tell you how I set up my karaoke databse and I'm sure that someone will tell me how I did it wrong.

I made a new folder under music and Called it 'Karaoke'

I then went to my Karaoke HD, a 4TB external drive holding my collection of more than 20 years of karaoke tracks and videos (coming to 630,963 Files many of them pictures and text files - there are another 35,205 Files in my foreign-language dire tory as well but they haven't been included) and selected the Karaoke directory and right-clicked [Recurse]; then I right-clicked again and selected Batch > Add to search DB

Then I sat and waited a long while as it went throught the directories.

After it had finished and because I didn't want any guide vocal tracks included when I searched, I did several searches , for w~vox, for (vocal), for (w-vocal) for (wvocal) and various other combinations - and after each search was completed I selected all tracks (Ctrl+A) and then right-clicked and selected Search DB > Remove from Search DB - and that left me with 541200 files in the database.

I buy a lot of discs and I'm sent home-made stuff quite a lot from other karaoke people so I'm constantly adding tracks - and last night (having just added tle latest SunFly disc SF398 the previous day) I couldn't find a new track - Taylor Swift - "You Need to Calm Down" that was requested; luckily I remembered which disc it was on and dragged it from the directory into VirtualDJ and played it for my singer.

That got me wondering and I've found that none of my newer discs are in the DB, the latest SunFly is SF393, so 394/395/396/and 397 are missing as well as 398; New Vocal-Star discs VS28 & VS29 (I just got VS30 today) aren't there; the latest Harris Studis home made stuff isn't there either, nor the new Zoom discs.

How does a karaoke host with a very large collection manage in VirtualDJ ??

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 1:26 am
nczdogPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Did You Go To Each Track , pull Up The Tag editor and check the box in the lower right hand corner that says Karaoke? Just A Thought. When I first put Karaoke file in my drive I thought the software would automatically see them as Karaoke file. Through trial and error and researching the manual I found that nott to be true and had top manually check the karaoke box on about 1000 files

Posted Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 2:16 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is a big latency with CDG +mp3 CDG+ogg CDG+wav ... zipped karaoke files
I also deal with a lot of them and it sometimes take a very long time to find something (more than 10minutes)

nczdg is not wrong
bu had not to manually check :/

create a filter folder :
file path contains "\Karaoke\" and file type is not "karaoke"
may find not tagged / missing tags

select all files and select tag editor ( working for multiple files )
click to set the karaoke tag on
exit tag editor

here is mine ( extended because i added the image to formats VDJ can play)
FilePath contains "KARAOKE\" and type <> karaoke and File Type <> "jpg" and File Type <> "jpeg" and File Type <> "png" and File Type <> "gif" and File Type <> "bmp"

Posted Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 3:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)