Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: HELP! Issues with cueing up a video to be mixed - next video starts to display immediately

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rmintenPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm hoping this is just a setting somewhere but a strange thing is happening with my new setup, which is:

DJM-900 Nexus Mixer
2 CDJ-2000 NXS2 players
iMac 2019
Virtual DJ 2018

Mixer and players are connected to a USB 3.1 hub, which is connected to the iMac.

I'm using HID mode on the CDJs, so this is all being controlled on the CDJs and the DJM mixer. When I have a video playing live (video 1) and I cue up the next video (video 2), each time I hit the cue button, the video 2 transition starts to display over the currently playing video 1, and when I hit play, the crossfader transitions over completely to video 2. All of this happens with the volume slider completely down on video 2, so it's then displaying fully on my screens. Video 1 sound is still playing live.

I don't think this is how it should work or am I wrong?. I would expect as I raise the volume slider on video 2 the transition should start and as I lower the volume slider on video 1 the transition to complete over the video 2.

I've looked in all the settings, tried a few things - even using the crossfader, but I can't get this to work as I expect.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Randy

Posted Sat 11 May 19 @ 3:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are the volume and crossfader on-screen correctly following the movement on the mixer?

Posted Sat 11 May 19 @ 3:20 pm
rmintenPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Adion wrote :
Are the volume and crossfader on-screen correctly following the movement on the mixer?

No they're not. They move independently and start right away when I use the cue or play buttons on the CDJs.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Also, should I be using the CDJs or the mixer as the sound card? I got that prompt when I plugged them in for the first time.

Randy

Posted Sat 11 May 19 @ 3:28 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I think I´ve used the CDJ´s as soundcards and got the mixer just as a midi controller, when I had my 2000 setup.
Only midi, just the crossfader for both audio and video (dont remember the settings though).

Almost forgot that I had one audio channel for the sampler on the mixer aswell.

/ Fredrik

Posted Mon 13 May 19 @ 12:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Mon 13 May 19 @ 12:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)