Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: The Newest UPDATE to Virtual DJ 8 the 2019 addition has major SEARCH Engine issues.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Four days ago I got a notice there was a new update available... i made the mistake of updating. Talk about major frustration! The search engine barely functions. And when I say barely, mean unless I actually click on a folder it CANNOT FIND ANYTHING alone... For example. I have over 5,000 songs I have purchased from Itunes store. I have a secondary set of music stored on my hard drive ON my desktop Link. Now before this.. I could click on desktop and find all my music folders by names dates and titles. Some general some specific. all I had to do was click the search engine and type in Beatles and it would pull up ALL my Beatles music in the secondary folders and display it in the Central Display. Then for Itunes I clicked the Music store itunes link and found my Beatles folder. And they would display on the left, I click and can search that way too..these displayed on the left. SIMPLE I can find the music. But now? I cannot get it to find me hardly ANYTHING... This is unacceptable and I want to go back a few updates to when it actually worked to do a search. The last few updates have continued to mes up what was once working for me very well. I need this asap. I am a regular DJ in a Virtual game and I have to count on my search engine to find songs. I have not counted how many songs or bands or artists I have now... But Its at least 5,000. I am short on time.. I need a fix and a way of taking care of this please. Anyone can you help? Your assistance is MUCH appreciated. I run a "Windows 10" operating system. I have a 50 Gig hard drive and its a gaming computer with loads of Ram Memory . thank you ! Sincerely DJ Wild Honey

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 6:13 am
I haven't had the issue, so I doubt going back to a previous version will help you

But you can get them right here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

If you rename your virtualdj.exe file, and then simply install "on top", you can have mulitiple versions installed and useable at ones and go back and forth

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 6:19 am
But I would probably start by looking at the usual suspects, like if your database is ok, and your search settings (the dot menu next to the search fields)

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 6:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What is your searchInDB setting?

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 6:23 am
locodog wrote :
What is your searchInDB setting?

Ok how do i check this? I am not sure.

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 7:05 am
klausmogensen wrote :
But I would probably start by looking at the usual suspects, like if your database is ok, and your search settings (the dot menu next to the search fields)

Here is my big question... Maybe you can give me reference to a total fix . How would I take ALL music from all folders that are currently separated... and put them all in one large folder instead of all the individual ones ? This is a big question for ITUNES. THEY make the folders by artist or album cover name. I cannot find these by Search Engine so obviously I have a major redo ahead. Is there a simpler way? Can you show pictures or refer me to text in manuals?

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 7:08 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
DJWildHoney wrote :

locodog wrote :
searchInDB

Ok how do i check this? I am not sure.

It's in settings search for it.

Posted Fri 10 May 19 @ 7:12 am
I am having timecode issues!!! All worked fine before the update, but now I can not get a timecode signal. Usually when I attempt to initiate timecode, the VDJ software stops responding. Using a Traktor Kontrol Z2.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 11:46 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011

click option and type in search

Posted Thu 19 Sep 19 @ 1:49 am
doghousedj wrote :
I am having timecode issues!!! All worked fine before the update, but now I can not get a timecode signal. Usually when I attempt to initiate timecode, the VDJ software stops responding. Using a Traktor Kontrol Z2.

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This one is old and about a guy having a search issue

Posted Thu 19 Sep 19 @ 1:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)