Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Need a bit of help with a Denon DN-HD2500 mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JP11997Home userMember since 2019
IDK how to start off a post without "Hi everybody" which makes me sound like Dr.Nick so I'll hop right in lol

I'm new to the DJ stuff and I got a job as one recently. Got to take home a mixer, a Denon DN-HD2500. Good mixer, I like it.

Only issue I have is I can't get VDJ to use it. It's connected and the channel section controls volume so there is connection and VDJ allows me to select it as "External mixer" but I can't use the Play/Pause buttons or the "tables"/cue/etc buttons on the mixer.

Anyone have a fix?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 5:48 am

Posted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 12:01 pm
JP11997Home userMember since 2019
Thanks for the responses.

Talked to the right hand man of the owner and he said that there is no way to do this and that the Denon 2500HD is just an MP3 Player, does this sound right?

https://i.imgur.com/g5ikpJ6.jpg

Here is a picture of the unit.

Any thoughts?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 5:35 pm
it a very old controller, but has midi mode, and VirtualDJ has mapper for it, so it should be able to control as much as the controller has midi buttons for.
And probably is most all of it :) Make sure its in midi mode though... and firmware as pr above post.
And sound card drivers, Denon Asio

Posted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 6:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There a MIDI button on the controller, that needs to be pressed so that it enables its MIDI capabilities. If enabled, you should see that on the Screen (along with the Denon logo). Keep in mind that the screen doesnt work on MIDI mode.
If still not working, perhaps some other driver is conflicting and prevents the unit from being detected as MIDI device. Denon recommends to check for any webcam drivers, (uninstall/disable them) and replug the unit.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 19 @ 1:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)