Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: what's the difference between VDJ8 and 2018..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

2mvp8102PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
I had VDJ8 and all was well now I have 2018 ...nothing is right ...my music cant be found....getting error messages and red X's through my songs.....I had to change computers ...laptop having trouble....

Posted Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 7:01 am
It's just an updated version which installs over the current one.

Everything should be exactly the same as before.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 7:27 am
V2018 is v8.3, which is just a few added features compared to v8.2

Best guess it that you changing laptops is your main issue. When you do that of course everything is different, unless you manage to copy everything correctly

Posted Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 7:00 pm
lozzer7PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had the same experience, used VDJ8 for ages without a cough but since upgrading to the 2018 version its been nothing but trouble mainly with the bpms. So gone back to 8.2 and its fine.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 19 @ 9:37 pm
lozzer7 wrote :
I had the same experience, used VDJ8 for ages without a cough but since upgrading to the 2018 version its been nothing but trouble mainly with the bpms. So gone back to 8.2 and its fine.

That makes more sense, though it's not a v8.2 vs v2018 thing per se

A new and improved bpm analyzer was added in build 3760 (from mid 2017, ie still in v8.2), so if you haven't analyzed a track since then, the track gets automatically re-analyzed for bpm when loaded or put in the automix list (unless you have manually overwritten the bpm for the track)

But you can disable that for old tracks by enabling the keepBPMonAnalyzerUpdate setting
Of course the new engine will still be used for new unanalyzed tracks

It's probably a good idea to look into this since staying on an old version is not really a long term solution

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 7:23 am
2mvp8102PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
color coded my hotcues....my way ...now they have a pattern all their own. Now I have a grandson that uses the system as well, but of course he hasn't done anything.... is their any way to reverse my color scheme back to how I had it?

Posted Sat 21 Sep 19 @ 7:45 pm
You would need to restore a previous copy of the database

Posted Sat 21 Sep 19 @ 8:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)