Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Writing tags from VDJ 2018 database to MP4's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Updated all my videos to include the correct year. Now I'm trying to get the tags that were written in VDJ 2018 to write to the Id3 tags so the information is kept with the file, not the VDJ database. Help!!

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 9:16 pm
if you don't see a write tag button on the tag window then you have auto tags on and it should already be written.

have you looked at the tags outside vdj to see?

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 5:10 am
I have the write tag button but it's not allowing the "year" tag to be written to. It's not pulling a tag or writing to them. Again, these are MP4 Videos, not MP3's...Pleanty of software options to get the years populated for MP3's but nothing (including VDJ so far) I have found will take the Discog data and write years to the ID3 tag.

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 6:16 pm
You might want to read this. I found it in seconds via Google.

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 7:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VDJ supports writing year to mp4 tags, so it is not something in general that doesn't work with mp4, it might be something specific with these files.

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 9:06 pm
Looking deeper, it seems some of my MP4 files have tag spaces for year, others do not. There is a heading called "media" where the year tag resides. Either way there doesn't seem to be a way to get VDJ 2018 to write the year information from VDJ to the tag on an MP4.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 4:58 pm

Posted Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)