Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Dj 2018 & mcx-8000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys i seem to be having a technical issue whilst running vdj on my macbook pro, whilst using my mcx-8000 controller and it's a strange one.
i'm pretty sure the issue is with vdj over the settings but putting it out there to see if anyone else has experianced this.
so to begin i have 2 macbook pro's 1 is late 2011 i'll call this macbook a, and one is a 2015 pro retina i'll call this macbook b.
tech specs
mac a, high sierra, 2.2ghz i7 quad processor 8gb ram, dual graphics with 1gb gpu
mac b, mojave (although issue was there when running high sierra) 2.7 gig i7 processor, dual graphics with 2gb memory
both mac have the same settings, they also have smc fan control installed, and graphics switching disabled so they are running on the secondry graphics chip.
macbook a if i run vdj 2018 with either my mcx-8000 or mc6000 mk2 it runs fine with no issues. this is with or without a secondry screen fitted running for video & karaoke so i guess that machine is fine.
macbook b, if i run vdj 2018 with my mc-6000 with or without 2nd screen it runs 100%, however when i connect my mcx-8000 i start getting issues, again this is either running single or dual screen, the main laptop screen has a slight jump/judder every 20 mins or so where you see the vdj inerface move slightly on the screen, also accompamied by what looks like a white flash across the screen/ initially i thought the laptop was faulty but running the mc-6000 it's fine so it rules it out. then on a few occasions, tonight was one which prompted this post, the screen will either go blank/loose graphics or the macbook will crash, (tonight it crashed and i had to re-boot) i had smc fan control running at max, and the macbook was showing a 40 degree c operating temp, so not too hot.
so the only difference between macbook a&b is the screen resolution, macbook a is running it's native resolution of 1440x900 macbook b, 2880x1800 i'm wondering could this be causing the issue because the mcx has built in screens? i know someone in support mentioned they had a issue mapping the mcx-8000. the other issue is the firmware update to the mcx-8000 would this have an effect on performance (although the problem was there previously).and finally i know i'll get shot down for saying this, but if i run serato with the mcx-8000 even though it runs considerably hotter there are no graphics issues/crashes.
over to you guys

Posted Sun 02 Dec 18 @ 1:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)