Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locodog wrote :
I'm not really following what you have as scripts there, I don't think keycue [value] is a real script
do these do what you want?
key -12 & hot_cue
key 0 & hot_cue
key +12 & hot_cue

Thanks really, but....

This script (command) is also not correct, because it changes plus or minus (key) relative to the current sound of the key, ie here the mathematical part, if you first press key -7 and then key -5 it will sound like two keys pressed on the next one and immediately go to -11, and you need to work exactly as a KEYCUE and each of the 25 keys changed the key (key) relative to the original value of the key.

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 8:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
get_constant -1 & param_cast 'absolute' & key
get_constant -12 & param_cast 'absolute' & key

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 8:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could also just have a look at the keycue pad page if that's what you're after, and you'll see that it uses keycue_pad

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 9:08 am
Adion wrote :
You could also just have a look at the keycue pad page if that's what you're after, and you'll see that it uses keycue_pad

I have already used it, but most likely I did not correctly spell out the name of each pad, and the numbers there are available from 1 to 8, so you need to first give names to each of the 25 pads, then use the same 25 names for Launchkey

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 11:54 am
locodog wrote :
don't just requote, tell me what's happening

this is working, yet
get_constant +1 & param_cast 'absolute' & key & cue

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 6:35 pm
get_constant 3 & param_cast 'absolute' & key & get_cue & param_cast & hot_cue

get_constant -3 & param_cast 'absolute' & key & get_cue & param_cast & hot_cue

Posted Sat 15 Feb 20 @ 6:51 pm
locodog wrote :
get_constant 3 & param_cast 'absolute' & key & get_cue & param_cast & hot_cue

get_constant -3 & param_cast 'absolute' & key & get_cue & param_cast & hot_cue

Thank U! All is working!

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:51 pm
Now there is a second task. Let's try to expand the possibilities.
We leave it as it is, and add the PRESS function, i.e. when holding one key and pressing the other one sequentially, it does not return to the CUE point, but continues to play according to the key of the next key.
Will it work, do you think?

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 5:56 pm
var '$isbgp' 0 ? get_constant -3 & param_cast 'absolute' & key & get_cue & param_cast & hot_cue & set '$isbgp' 1 while_pressed : get_constant -3 & param_cast 'absolute' & key

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 6:02 pm
May as well copy this in, [nothing to do with yours Zvook]
new casting types
param_cast 'relative'
param_cast 'absolute'

it fixes a bit of a script maths blindspot, limitations for casting that existed when actions could accept either a relative or an absolute value, like goto can.
before a positive number variable was always seen as an absolute, and a negative was always seen as relative and not much could be done without some serious script gymnastics. now you can tell the script, relative or absolute.
absolute has most uses when the number you are dealing with is negative
relative has most uses when the number you are dealing with is positive
get_constant 1 & param_cast 'absolute' & goto
this will go to beat 1 [the one after the zero/first beat]

get_constant 1 & param_cast 'relative' & goto
this will go just one beat forward where ever you are at the time

other useful things it opens up, incrementing things

set 'a' 0.1 & get_var 'a' & param_cast 'absolute' & level
will set the level at 0.1, [because a==0.1 is absolute already you don't need to really include it, same result as set 'a' 0.1 & get_var 'a' & param_cast & level]
set 'a' 0.1 & get_var 'a' & param_cast 'relative' & level
will increase the level by, 0.1

Posted Sun 16 Feb 20 @ 6:12 pm
skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
hello
I don't know how to start for this script : I want to map my 16pad controller (with rgb led) to sampler. I easily find the way to assign the color to sampler_pad.It works perfectly but now I want to say to VDJ "if this pad is playing change color of the pad AND also if it is trigger "hold" stay with this color and if trigger is "stutter" just make a momentary change of color...I don't know how to start with this....i started with a "while_pressed" on my button but it act like stutter and don't stay if it is hold :)
thanks in advance
fred

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 9:31 am
break it into a bunch of queries

sampler_play 1 ? sampler_mode 1 'hold' ? COLOUR FOR HOLD : sampler_mode 1 'stutter' ? COLOUR FOR STUTTER : QUERIES FOR OTHER MODES : NOT PLAYING COLOUR

Posted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 4:31 pm
skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
thanks again locodog ;) i see clearer with this :)

Posted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 8:42 pm
Hello,
I hope I am in the right section to post this.
I am using the Virtual Dj 8 official PRO Layout (Skin) with the 3 different Effects on each deck.
I am also usind a DDj SX 3 Controller.
I managed to use the FX buttons on the top left (top right) of my controller to turn the Effects On and Off, also using the knob on the controller to use the effect slider for the Strength of the effect.

The DDj SX3 has then another Knob for Pushing and spinning (FX Beats / FX BeatsPush) which I am using now for the Effect Slider 1.2 (length).
My plan is, to use the FX Beats knob to toggle between Effect slider 1.2 , 2.2, 2.3 (while pushing it) and then be able to use the Effect slider for length by turning /spinning the knob.

I hope I made myself clear, English is not my first language.
I tried all day, but I gave up now. I just switched from Serato to Virtual DJ ( also tried Traktor but it didnt work well). So far, I really really like VDJ.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 1:10 pm
push

cycle 'beatPush' 3

dial
var 'beatPush' 0 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var 'beatPush' 1 ? effect_slider 2 2 : var 'beatPush' 2 ? effect_slider 3 2 : nothing

Posted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 1:31 pm
AMAZING!!!
That just did it!
Thanks so much.

PS: Do you know, if its possible, to make a Turntable visible as same as in the starter or Essentials layout? I Played around with it but it gave me only errors.

I am going to buy Pro soon I think ( I have to with ddj sx - No Home Plus) and then I will choose " The thing I guess....but till then would cool to see some spinning vinyls)

Posted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 1:40 pm
user21540659 wrote :
to make a Turntable visible as same as in the starter or Essentials layout?

Currently thats only in Starter/Essential...
But will be some updates coming with extended options for those who want this and that ;-)

Posted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 1:51 pm
Thank you. Sounds good to me. Its actually useless, but I really like seeing it. :)

Posted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 1:54 pm
All.

THanks to Locodog for pointing me here. I've done a bunch of reading but I'm not understanding the syntax

I'm trying to do something simple- One button to do an Echo at a certain % strength and length
I thought effect_active "echo 60%" would do it as I've tried to copy something I saw but that didn't work. Again not understanding the logic here

Help Please
RT

Posted Wed 20 May 20 @ 11:05 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
effect and prameters can't be set the same time
echo : have 4 sliders : strench, length, lowpass, highpass
and 2 buttons : Mute source, trailing stop

set them individually :
strench:
effect_slider "echo" 1 60%
length : 3/4 beat
effect_slider "echo" 2 0.60
(its not user friendly, its effect internal) but it's a beat slider so
effect_beats "echo" 0.75
effect_beats "echo" 75%
will set 3/4 beat as well

hear source:
effect_button "echo" 1 off

... and activate effect
effect_active "echo" on

final command:
effect_slider "echo" 1 60% & effect_beats "echo" 0.75 & effect_button "echo" 1 off & effect_active "echo" on

Posted Wed 20 May 20 @ 11:35 pm
13%