Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Single knob to control Deck 1 & 2 filter simultaneously

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi anyone know a script that I can map to a single knob that will turn up and down my filter on both decks at the same time?

Posted Thu 17 May 18 @ 6:02 pm
splao wrote :
Hi anyone know a script that I can map to a single knob that will turn up and down my filter on both decks at the same time?

deck 1 filter & deck 2 filter

And if you use this script they will do the opposite of each other:
deck 1 filter & param_invert & deck 2 filter

Posted Thu 17 May 18 @ 6:27 pm
thank you for the script is kind of worked but I wanted one deck effect to be off and the other on when I turned the knob all the way to the other end. As it is both deck effects are off when I get to the other end of the knob. The good thing is that they are both active at the 50% mark. Do you know a different script that will have the effect on at the 50% mark for both decks but off for one deck at the 100% mark while on for the other deck.

Posted Thu 17 May 18 @ 7:19 pm
Well, they are hi/lo-pass filters, so on/off doesn't really cover it.

But if you mean for instance doing only hi-pass filtering, and only for 1 deck at the time, while the other is off, maybe try:
param_greater 50% ? deck 1 filter & deck 2 filter 50% : param_invert & deck 2 filter & deck 1 filter 50%

Posted Thu 17 May 18 @ 8:44 pm
Genius, it worked great! Thank you very much for taking the time to get me the script. This is one of the reasons that I love VDJ and the community.

Posted Fri 18 May 18 @ 7:16 am
How about programming a knob on one deck to control the filter of another deck?

I specifically would like to have:
1.) Deck 3 EQ_High knob to control Deck 1 Filter
2.) Deck 4 EQ_High knob to control Deck 2 Filter

Is this possible?

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 3:10 pm
user20130024 wrote :

1.) Deck 3 EQ_High knob to control Deck 1 Filter
2.) Deck 4 EQ_High knob to control Deck 2 Filter

Why? Deck 1 and deck 2 already have their own filter knobs.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 3:35 pm
Yes, on the VDJ8 platform there are filters.

But unfortunately my Numark N4 doesn't have filter knobs, so I need to find a workaround. I only use 2 decks, and I've been using the EQ_high knobs of decks 1 and 2 to control the filter. With that programming, I lose the ability to control the Highs on decks 1 and 2.

Thanks for the timely response btw :-)

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 3:42 pm
I naturally assumed you were not using a controller because you don't appear to have a license...

So, yes this is possible by changing the mapping. You could add the option to use 'filter' on the high eq knob when you press shift.

You could also remap other knobs on the N4. Sample knobs maybe?

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 4:00 pm
I'm familiar with the mapping. I've tried my sample knobs; they are not as smooth as my eq_knobs. They increase/decrease the filter effect by like 10% per "turn," if you may. Definitely don't want that with filters.

I guess I could use the shift button? But is there not a way to simply have the eq_high knobs of decks 3 and 4 control the filters of 1 and 2, respectively?

If not, how would mapping for shift key be written out?

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 4:04 pm
You're familiar with the mapping, but you're asking how to do it? OK...

The mapping for filter is.......filter. So just put filter in the mapping for that knob instead of eq_high.

I notice you didn't respond to my mention of you not having a license. How are you managing to use the N4?

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 4:39 pm
Clearly, you don't understand my question.

I have 4 EQ_high knobs. If I just put "filter" for the eq_high control, all 4 of my eq_high knobs will control the filter. I specifically want eq_high knobs on DECKS 3 AND 4 to control the filter on DECKS 1 AND 2.

I've been asking for a friend, and it's kind of urgent. I'm very well aware the mapping for filter is filter. I just got into coding C-sharp and am still very new. So these mappings, once again, is like reading another language to me.

Thank you for nothing. Great support.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 4:41 pm
For a friend? But you said it's your N4. You've also been saying "I" and my" in your sentences - but it's not for you.

OK, well you (they) have got the info you (they) require, so you (they) can go modify your (their) mapping. Have fun with not your N4. :-)

If you're familiar with the mapping then I shouldn't need to say that your "friend" needs to simply specify the deck in the mapping.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 4:47 pm
YES I'M TALKING AS IF I WERE HIM. JESUS CHRIST MAN. HOW DOES THIS TURN FROM A SCRIPT REQUEST TO A GRAMMAR FINE? HOLY HELL MAN.

Specifying the deck isn't enough. This is what HE currently has in an attempt to map out one control with 4 scripts, but it's obviously not going to work because HE'S missing a bunch of syntax or it's just simply not the way to write it:

Deck 3 EQ_high : Deck 1 Filter
Deck 4 EQ_high : Deck 2 Filter
Deck 1 EQ_high
Deck 2 EQ_high

This is the Shift script, which is again horribly wrong:

toggle "$shift" while_pressed : deck 1 eq_high : filter

Would you like to help US or are you going to continue to insinuate that a license doesn't exist on HIS computer?

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 4:58 pm
Well maybe HE would like to post here under HIS own account, so we can help HIM directly?

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 5:03 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Use action_deck to query.

action_deck 1 ? eq_high : action_deck 2 ? eq_high : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 filter : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 filter :

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 5:19 pm
Well at least someone's not having a bad day.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate you.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 5:26 pm
Working perfectly, thanks.

So under the mapping control, create action query... then question mark signifies which control you want active... and colon separates each control.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)