Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I have a problem with VDJ 8.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had a performance at the club last night, after 3 hours of extraordinary party, a mistake appeared in VDJ 8. After 3 hours of music, I heard some other loop music heard in the background, which could not be stopped. I checked all my channels to the DJ controller if it was randomly somewhere else that another song was lit but it was not. I had to turn off VDJ 8.2 and restart it after which the party lasted for another 1 hour. Does anyone know what the problem is and how can I solve it? Excuse me for losing English

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 3:24 pm
if it was music you may have accidentally triggered decks 3 and 4 and you couldnt see it if you had a 2 deck skin...

if it was a beat you have triggered a a sample and didnt see it...

or you may have recorded a sample and it was playing in the background...

all these things have actually happened to me

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 3:46 pm

On decks 3 and 4 there was nothing that I checked right away, so it's not safe. It's very possible that someone else who approached the DJ controller clicked something and it started only because I did not know how to turn it off so I have to restart VDJ .. Also, when I turned LP Filter to the end, this music was repeated in the background and it did not stop at all until I restarted the VDJ ... Whether it's up to me or is it something to VDJ, I have a Pro Infinity license, so it's strange that it happens to me.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 4:01 pm
You say you have a Pro Infinity License, but your avatar states that you are a home user. Perhaps you should contact support to straighten that out. Do you remember what this loop was? If this was a VDJ loop, it may have been triggered by a number key (you say maybe someone else may have done it, how does that happen?) Did you have YouTube open in the background, or any other software?

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 5:54 pm
Sounds like you triggered a sample. I've known a few DJ's do this and be stuck in a major panic, not knowing how to stop it. Usually fat thumbs!

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 7:54 pm

If I had a Pro Infinity license, but on another email that I find in license.dat but it does not matter much ... I remember that loop, it looked something like a storm or something like that, I just can not explain it correctly. On which keyboard on the numeric keypad this could have started and if it ever happened, I have a Numark Mixtrack Platinum dj contoler and I really do not know how it happened ... Can you help me anyway what should I do on the occasion This, too, nothing in the background was lit up except VDJ ..

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 9:56 pm
If it was triggered by a Numeric key, hit any numeric key, it will revert to that loop length, and then hit it again to turn it off.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 11:11 pm
I had a similar thing happen once where there was a background loop. and was getting irritated because I couldn't find where it was coming from, no loops were triggered, nothing in cue, no reason for it.
so I fired up the other screen and ran a couple songs on the backup computer while restarting the main pc

and then heard the same looped music again...
will skip all the drama and getting yelled at by the boss because I couldn't figure it out fast enough... but

the solution?

changed the wireless mic's frequency so that It wasn't picking up the music from the boss's sports bar next door

where he had given them the exact same model wireless mic..

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 11:50 pm
I think I noticed what the problem is ... If there was any kind of error in the VDJ, it would appear immediately and not after 3/4, I remembered that somebody came to me and that he was touching a laptop and plugging in the loop. . I searched everything last night and realized that somebody lit up Synth 1, but I did not see it on my controller because it was turned on by the keyboard ... I noticed that on my computer when I also entered the VDJ and found that loop that we It was on my laptop that I worked with that night

Posted Mon 30 Apr 18 @ 12:25 pm
DjButlaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Check your track preview.

Posted Wed 02 May 18 @ 12:44 pm
I have the keyboard mapper disabled as that caught me out years and years ago.

I only use my keyboard for search.

Posted Wed 02 May 18 @ 1:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)