Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: vms 4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just got an old American audio second hand with no software I have up loaded dj 8 there is no sound coming out of speakers I aint got a clue what I am doing can some one help me

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 3:25 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
First check the ASIO drivers are installed and configure the 4 deck audio as shown in the manual.. The vms4.1 uses a hardware mixer so don't configure the audio to Master |Headphone as other controllers use.
http://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms4/installation.html

Also check all the deck switches on the front of the unit are on "usb"

Drop a track onto a deck, press play and you should see some lights flash near the channel fader. If you have the channels assigned in the wrong order the fader you expect to work may not so just put all channel faders up full to check you have some sound. Also make sure the master output is not turned off.

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 3:57 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Not 100% sure but if you have no software you can download vdj8 and I think it will auto-detect the vms4.1 and ask if you want to use the soundcard, which hopefully sets everything up for you. Still make sure the front switches are on "usb". I think this allows you to test the software for 10 minutes but you would need to buy a licence to use the software unrestricted

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 4:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)