Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No sound using headphone cues?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using VDJ8 LE with a Mixtrack 3 controller for a while now but all of a sudden I can't get any sound in my headphones when I press the cues (neither the track currently playing nor the incoming track). It's not the USB port as I've tried all 3 on my laptop and I have the routing setup for speakers+headphones and 2 soundcards with my onboard set to 1+2 for the speakers and my USB soundcard set to 3+4 for my headphones. The setup has worked for me in the past, but today when I hopped on to mix for the first time in a while, it no longer worked and nothing I have tried (resetting to factory and rerouting, using other USB ports, etc.) has worked to fix the problem. The only other possible issue could be the sound card but it seems to be working when I plug it in so I'm not sure that's it. Any help would be appreciated as this is super frustrating.

Update: it's not the sound card, I just tested it watching some videos and it works 100% fine so it is definitely something with the software. Please help

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:04 pm
Update: it's not the sound card, I just tested it watching some videos and it works 100% fine so it is definitely something with the software. Please help

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:06 pm
Have you tried different headphones, or any speakers out of the headphone jack?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:14 pm
I'm Jard wrote :
my onboard set to 1+2 for the speakers and my USB soundcard set to 3+4 for my headphones

That doesn't sound right to me. If you're using two completely different audio interfaces then each one should be configured to use channels 1&2 - they're stereo interfaces. You'd only use 3&4 etc if you had a single multi-channel interface.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:51 pm
Thanks, that was it, not sure how it got that way but I'd figured it was something dumb like that

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 10:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)