Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SB2 Jog ‘Vinyl Mode’ Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJG303Home userMember since 2012
Good morning all!

I am using Virtual DJ 8.2 and Pioneer DDJ-SB2 and I have an issue with the jog wheels that is driving me crazy!
Using the ‘Vinyl/Slip’ button on either deck I find that I can ‘scratch’ as long as play isn’t pressed - if I’ve hit play but want to scratch the track in I can’t do this as the wheel doesn’t respond to scratching when playing, only adjusts the pitch up and down as you would expect.

I’ve tried different ways of turning ‘Vinyl’ mode on, from the controller, from the screen, via Shift and pressing the button and although it does let me scratch if I want to scratch and let the wheel go and the song play this doesn’t seem to happen! Help!!!!

- Happy to provide any more information needed!

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 7:15 am
I should also add that in Serato all functions work but I prefer VDJ.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 8:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In several models, Pioneer puts the Vinyl mode as a Hardware feature, meaning that the "Touch" Jog MIDI note only comes when the Hardware Vinyl mode is enabled from the unit. So there is a chance that the Vinyl modes on Hardware and Software dont match.
In this case, set the software Vinyl mode to ON (either from the skin or the VDJ settings), close VDJ, set the Vinyl mode on the Hardware to On (via the SHIFT+SLIP buttons) and then open VDJ again.

You have said that it works with Serato, but just in case, keep in mind that the touch sensitive jogwheels dont work as expected when there is a grounding issue, so double-check this feature on a different place with different power circuit.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 12:59 pm
Perfect! It was the first part regarding the hardware and software not matching and obviously I wasn’t doing it correctly.

Thank you again :-)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)