Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tracks stopped loading and VDJ lost connection to controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Something happened last night that had never happened to me before in 4 years of using VDJ. For the most part I use Videos (VOBS and MP4s) and last night I felt that they were taking a little bit linger to load - not REALLY slow, but just slower than normal. With about an hour left of my set I loaded an MP4 and it got to about 10% then stopped. I tried a different file - this one just didn't load anything. During this time, the other deck continues to play. Panicking at this point, I quickly found a track on my USB (I'm using the Pioneer XDJ-RX2 which although is not officially supported yet I've used without any issue since December). Just before the end of the track playing in VDJ, the controller lost connection to VDJ (although the song played out weirdly). Then whilst my track played from my USB the file that was stuck loaded as normal in VDJ by itself as if nothing had happened. I then finished the night without issue.

At then end of the night I did a bit of testing and got it to happen again once on a random file but the problem quickly corrected itself and the track loaded as normal after about 20 seconds or so.

My first thought was that my Maxtor external hard drive was the issue so I've replaced that today with a 5TB Seagate and am currently copying over the 4TB of files overnight. Because the problem was a bit random I might not be able to replicate it until I'm actually playing a set again. Any other things to check?
I'm using build 4064 on a MacBook Pro with retina - Sierra (not updated to High Sierra).

Posted Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 10:26 pm
Has anyone else had this issue before?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 9:58 am
sidneysides wrote :
Has anyone else had this issue before?

Do you have sufficient memory in your Mac? Also is the external HDD properly formatted?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 3:30 pm
Yes there is 32gb RAM I think, the drive is formatted as NTFS but I have Paragon NTFS on my Mac to give me access. I've used this drive for months now without any issue.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 4:42 pm
Check your usb connections on controller i sometimes have a similar problem with denon mc 7000 losing connection with vdj, alittle playing with the usb connection on the back of controller then it`s ok again

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 4:43 pm
I did check that, all was OK, as I said, it randomly started working again after a while. It's a £20 USB cable as well, not just a cheap one that came with the controller!

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 4:52 pm
£20? They saw you coming!

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 5:30 pm
I didn't actually pay £20... but it's a £20 cable.. ;)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)