Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Should I subscribe to Mixcloud Pro?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys

So after a break of about 5 years from DJing, I decided to purchase a Mixtrack Pro 3 and get back into the groove again. I have committed to uploading a mix on Mixcloud every month and have two uploads thus far.

I am just wondering whether it is worth it upgrading my current account to a Pro account for the additional listener stats and wanted to hear of your learning experiences on that if possible.

Thanks!

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 6:52 am
I'm a pro subscriber on Mixcloud, with currently 52 mixes uploaded
And yes you do get access to a lot of extra stats (as I recall - I don't really remember how much I had before I became a pro subscriber)

This is an example of what a part of my stats page looks like (no, the numbers are not too impressive :) )

But when I think about it, it's probably more for fun that actually helping, because it doesn't change what I mix, how I mix, and when I upload, so it doesn't really help me in any way. So I mostly do it to support Mixcloud

Remember that there may also be a few other features of the pro subscription you like, like scheduling:
https://www.mixcloud.com/pro/

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 8:21 am
Thanks for heads up. I decided to sign up anyways, since the first 30 days are free.

What I see is that about 50% of listeners drop off after the first minute and then about 25% of the audience remains after about 3-5 minutes; so I'll try playing around with that in my future mixes to see if I am able to retain more listeners.

It is slightly sad to realize that, since I usually build up my set and only have the climax/hotest tracks towards the end, but I'll try a few new things

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 10:41 am
"(no, the numbers are not too impressive :) )"

LOL... I understand this way too well myself. I'm also just learning that building an online presence is not easy :)

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 10:43 am
DJ0_oLoso wrote :
What I see is that about 50% of listeners drop off after the first minute and then about 25% of the audience remains after about 3-5 minutes

It's generally about the same for me:

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 11:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)