Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Need help to figure out how to make this setup work!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ttmmvvHome userMember since 2018
Hello everyone, I ve tried in many different ways to get to work the headphone pre listen without success. Sometimes i can get the pfl to work but the same signal would go to the speakers as to the headphones. My setup is really simple VDJ pro, monitor speakers and the focusrite scarlett 6i6 soundcard. My midi controller at the moment is a Hercules MK2 that has an internal sound card and headphone output for the pre listen, unfortunatley it is not mine and was badly treated and now the headphone output of the mk2 doesn't seem to work. If somebody has any clue on how to make all this work togheter i would really appreciated it. I know that maybe there are some thing about the setup i might have missed to mention. What basically i tought would work was setting vdj with asio and divide the signal sending 1n2 to master and 3n4 to headphone because looked like the proper setup with the focusrite even if i got closer to make it work setting as 4.1 the soundcard or the 2 cards option. I am really confused about all this now otherwise i would avoid to ask for help, i tried also checking the manuals for vdj, scarlett mix control and the hercules.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 10:01 pm
1. You say you are a pro user, but you are listed as a Home user. You can't be both, so register your software, and let's get that out of the way.

2. Since you believe that there is something wrong with the MK2 headphone, let's use that as a controller only.

3. Can you post a screen shot of the setup for the Focusrite sound card?

4. If we can get this setup running, we can also try the MK2 sound card set up. You can also post that setup you were trying.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 4:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)