Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: File folder browser not alphabetical sorted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello there,

just started my VDJ and noticed that my music folder (in the folder list) doesn't appear in alphabetical order anymore. I tried a lot of options but no result. When I manually change the order of the browser view and click via right moude button "restore sort order" it jumps back to the non-alphabetical order again.

This is not very usefull for me, eg my folders are not listed as:
70s
80s
90s
All kind of music
Party
Slow music

but something completely randomness like
80s
Party
70s
Slow music
All kind of music
90s

How can I restore alphabetical order again? In options I cleared "browserSort" without effect.

Thanks

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 9:57 pm
look in a files browser and delete the order file and they will default to alpha order until you move them again.

Example below

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 10:13 pm
Thanks for your reply. I found the order file and when I removed it, de folders are indeed sorted again. But the m3u files that are in the same root directory are still shown at random. I use MacHD\Music as my music collection folder, In this folder I placed the different folders with al kinds of music (eg MacHD\Music\Rock). In the root are also playlist files (and via the VDJ options 'show as folder") and they still appear in sorted order. Strange...

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 7:34 am
the reason i believe is folder come first then playlists and files.

they do appear out of order i Have not noticed this issue on my own system.

then again my playlists are only in the playlist area inside vdj.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 2:06 pm
I use this file structure (root folder, with af few music folders and a lot of playlists in the root of the music folder) for more then 2 years, and now suddenly this strange behaviour.

Ik have ordered the contents of the order file and placed it back so now it is re-ordered als it has always been (and still true for al other folders on my harddrive). Its specific only the "Muziek" folder contents. Very confusing

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 3:44 pm
So that 'muziek' folder is a real folder on your hard drive that you have made a favourite in VDJ?

Have you tried opening that folder from your operating system (Windows?) and changing the sort order from Explorer?

I imagine that VDJ would use the same order as Explorer because it's a real folder, not a virtual folder or filter folder.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 9:23 am
That is a favourites folder, indeed when browsing from the root of the harddrive to that folder, is has the same view.

It is a total guess to me why specific this folder is not shown in the normal alphabetical order (by folder, playlist, file as mentioned before) while all other folders on my (internal) harddrive are normally sorted. I have rearranged the order file, but it keeps a strange thing, which suddenly happens

Posted Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 12:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)