Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon MC7000 Headphone/Cue Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I just upgraded from my old trusty MC6000 and I'm totally digging this unit. So far, the problem I'm having is with the headphones. I've been mixing in cue, just to test everything out and get a feel for it. After about 5 minutes the sound from the headphones gets totally distorted. Clicks and pops at first, over a few more minutes the song is totally unrecognizable. Admittedly I haven't hooked it up to my PA yet, so I have no idea what the sound coming from the speakers would be.

I'm running VDJ 8.2 on a brand new late 2015 Macbook Pro with the latest version of High Sierra. It has an i7 processor and 16gb of RAM. Could this be a latency issue? Can this be adjusted on a Mac? I realize it could be a Denon issue, but thought I'd start here.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 8:21 pm
I have the same setup and fortunately have not experienced this problem. A few things to try to narrow down the problem.
1 - Make sure the headphone has its own dedicated channel in the configuration, and that is is not shared by any other source
2 - Play with the phone mix dial to see if the the problem is specific to the cue or also happens when you are listening to the master - you may be able to spot a pattern
3 - switch headphone channel to the computer internal sound card to see if the problem persist. If it is an issue with the controller using the computer sound card for the headphones should give you good sound.
4 - if you are using a usb hub get it out of the way to see if that makes a difference.

Hopefully one of these options will help you narrow down when the problem happens.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 9:56 pm
I use the MCX8000 and initially had similair problems with excessive distortion and music is totally gone.
I had to change the USB bios settings to USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0
Seems there is some incompability is going on there.

Btw I am on PC so the issue might not be the same

Posted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 11:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)