Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: XDJ 700's pitch faders controlling opposite deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had a problem with my set up at the weekend and I'm looking for some help. I use two XDJ 700's in HID mode to control the software (VDJ 8.2 recent public build), and using Pioneer 900 Nexus mixer as the sound card. The music was playing from deck 2, and somehow I managed to accidentally knock the power supply from deck 1. I quickly reinserted the power cable, pressed the link button and VDJ recognised the XDJ. However now the decks became inverted and the pitch fader on the left hand deck (deck 1) was now controlling deck 2 and vice versa. I switched off the decks and restarted my laptop and everything returned to normal. Anybody have any idea why this happened? Thanks.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 2:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ provides the ability to control both decks (or even all, if more used in a skin) with just one single-deck unit. So when the 2nd unit went offline, VirtualDJ saw just one unit and probably assigned that to the currently selected deck (which could be the other/opposite deck than the one it was assigned before).
Once the 2nd unit was connected, VirtualDJ probably assigned that automatically to the "other" deck.

If this happens again, you can goto VirtualDJ Settings -->Controllers tab and change the Deck Assignment from the drop-down list (on the right side), for each one of the XDJ units you see on the top-left list.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 6:59 pm
Yes that does seem to make sense. I might force this to happen again this weekend just so I know I'll be able to rectify it if it does occur again. Thanks djdad.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 9:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)